Black Shogun who lived around the 800's CE

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I e-mailed my buddy about this. He lived in Japan for fifteen years. His wife was born and grew up there until she was thirty, she's a Shodan in Kendo. Both are students of Japanese history.

They said they had always heard that he was of Korean descent. That's what they believe but can't be any surer than anyone else. I only mention it because I e-mailed and asked them. :)

Zealot

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Obviously, people have never heard or used "figures of speech" to get a point across. There is a book out called "Thick Face, Black Heart" that describes the asian mindset for business and it's ruthlessness. Obviously, "black heart" is a figure of speech for that mindset and not telling people that to be successful in business that they need a heart transplant from an african-american.

Exactly its wasnt the quote that I was questioning, it was the context in which they want us to believe it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
How come there are never any stories about all the Irish Samurai? Or the Danish Pharaohs? I heard that the Roman empire was so great was because of the influence of Japanese martial arts...and of course alien technology
While there are no Irish Samurai, there was an English Samurai. It has been very well documented over the years.

Latest Discussions