Black Friday

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe. I'll be down visiting my mom and she sometimes gets a kick out of going out in the morning. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The TV ads are getting more intense..Black Friday approaches...In looking back to the beginning of this thread I cannot believe how many of the early posters have closed their accounts...Kinda sad...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another Black Friday quickly approaching. There are 2 big ticket items on my list this year. I've seen killer deals for one of them. So, I'll have to go get the one while I can get the sale, but that's all I'm gonna do on Black Friday. The rest can wait.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I avoid Black Friday. The "Sales" are scams, the crowds nuts, and I'm usually too loaded with Turkey to move.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I avoid Black Friday. The "Sales" are scams, the crowds nuts, and I'm usually too loaded with Turkey to move.

I am not allowed to accompany my wife if if I wanted to..I have a lack of patience with organized stupidity and rudeness..

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm going again. While the doorbuster deals are pretty much dead in the water and there's not really anything I need THAT badly, there were alternate items on sale for things I wanted that were still great deals and items I hadn't put on my list that turned out to be the best gifts for those I bought them for.

Where I'm going: Target

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm going again. While the doorbuster deals are pretty much dead in the water and there's not really anything I need THAT badly, there were alternate items on sale for things I wanted that were still great deals and items I hadn't put on my list that turned out to be the best gifts for those I bought them for.

Where I'm going: Target

I'm guessing we will too. I don't see mom or myself camping out at 4am waiting for the doors to open, but we'll probably hit up Target or Staples around 7. The crush is gone by then. :D

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Black Friday I won't be shopping, but will be going to Ford Field to see my local high school football team play in the state championship game and my kids march in the band at half-time. Go Cats!

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've never liked shopping, so I've gotten very efficient at it to minimize time and effort. I even cook ahead and freeze so I can minimize grocery runs during The Season. And I don't observe Christmas anyway so the whole thing is, happily, a moot point for me.

As for 2009, I have to start my drive back across the country early Friday morning. The only really urban/shopping area I expect to pass will be Portland with smooth sailing after that. Should be interesting all the same. Wish me luck ...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife just informed me that she is indeed veturing out on that day..She will be leaving at approx 4 AM and expects to be back home in bed by about 9 AM..

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I have a lack of patience with organized stupidity and rudeness..

Pretty much sums it up for me.

We don't have Black Friday per se in Canada, as our Thanksgiving is back in October; however, the shopping crunch has begun in earnest. I avoid the malls, unless I know exactly the item I want and the store to buy it from, having already researched both on the Internet. The lion's share of my shopping for the last few years has been online. My wife and I reach a stage each Christmas season where we mutually cry uncle and declare ourselves done.

I'll brave the crowds for
Boxing Day, but really just for the fun of looking around. If there's something I want, I'll buy it, but I can live without it.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OMG!!!! They just delivered the paper with all the ads for Friday..Its a good thing the guy uses a car and its not delivered by a paperboy as it the old days..The kid would have had a hernia...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happy Black Friday everyone...Starting to snow here..Wife left at about 4:30 am according to her note...Better her than I....

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have the misfortune to live within two blocks of a popular shopping mall. On some Black Fridays, the car lines are backed up so far that they block off the entrance to my street for hours. During these times I just pray that nobody has a genuine emergency and needs to get out in a hurry.

How did the holidays get so far out of control?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Holidays?

I think the majority of shoppers are out buying things for themselves.

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
I went out many years ago for a friggin Yellow Power Ranger, I still wake up in cold sweats form that experience and vow to never do it again.

Latest Discussions