Black Belt exam in 2 1/2 weeks

snoack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
August 9th is my test date for my black belt in TKD. I've been training for 4 weeks now conditioning specific to the requirements of the test. It meant taking up running (which I will continue to do afterwards- it's grueling but I forgot how much I really enjoy it) and temporarily giving up weight lifting to train in BW exercises for endurance.

It's been brutal, it's really beaten me down physically and mentally. Don't minsunderstand me, I was in great shape before, but I think what's really had the most impact on me has been the concept of time specific training towards a defined goal. It's been really different and very much a learning experience. Would it have helped to get a test date further out then the 6 week notice I received...maybe...can't say for sure.

I'm just trying to remain positive. I've committed nearly 4 years of my life to this moment...I WILL be ready...I WILL pass.

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck on your test. With all the extra training try to get some rest to help prevent injury and sickness. Have you seen a black belt test at your school? If so this will give you some idea of what you are up against. Remember that even though it is a test and should be taken seriously it is also supposed to be fun and a time for you to let all of your hard work shine.!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes you will and remember your instructor would not be testing you if you was not ready. Best of Luck.:asian:

OP
S

snoack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good luck on your test. With all the extra training try to get some rest to help prevent injury and sickness. Have you seen a black belt test at your school? If so this will give you some idea of what you are up against. Remember that even though it is a test and should be taken seriously it is also supposed to be fun and a time for you to let all of your hard work shine.!!!

I'm planning on doing that the week before. Going to be out of town for a couple days (5th and 6th), going to get in workouts on the 4th and 7th. The 8th I'm taking the day off from work, going to go to lunch with a friend (she lost a bet so owes me this) at Mongolian Grill, stuff my face, crash early. Haven't seen one previously, I'm part of my school's first BB class. There are 4 of us all together, me and 3 kids who's age ranges are 14-17

Yes you will and remember your instructor would not be testing you if you was not ready. Best of Luck.:asian:

that's what I keep telling myself. Thanks for your kind words.

MilkManX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Good Luck!

I am looking forward to my Black Belt test. I am still at least 1.5 years away from there so I am training very hard!

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you have put your time and hard work in over the past 4 years and your instructor has put you on the test so you are ready! Make sure you get some rest before the test! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Best of luck to you on your test. Just remember to get plenty of rest, the last thing you want to do is injure yourself before this important day.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The BEST of luck with your test..

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At this point it's not luck - it's the culmination of dedicated training, so I'm not going to wish you luck; as Terry said, if your instructor didn't think you could do it, you wouldn't be testing - so I'll just say that I expect to hear about it afterwards!

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just relax and have fun with it. Remember they were in your spot once also.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob