Birth of the dragon

justkool141

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What are ur opinions on the Birth of The Dragon trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ademadis

Green Belt
Reaction score
Always up for a good martial arts fight'em'up. Which is pretty much what this looks like, minimal story and maximum punches?

OP
J

justkool141

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Some people complained about it! I thought it looked pretty good! If they show it in theaters I'll watch it

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like another cheap exploitation movie and over dramatisation of a fight that lasted less than a minute In real life which I'm sure will be made into a long drawn out fight in a temple. Heck Wong jack man was never a shaolin monk. I like martial art movies as much as the next guy but they need to stop ripping off Bruce lees name to sell tickets and come up with their own ideas

OP
J

justkool141

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I agree! U cant have a bruce lee movie without bruce lee! However, to have a good fight scene it must last longer than a minute

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree! U cant have a bruce lee movie without bruce lee! However, to have a good fight scene it must last longer than a minute

Not necessarily most real fights end in under a minute anyway it's not like in movies where the guys beat each other around for 20 minutes. Sure watching that can be fun but I prefer seeing quick direct fights that look realistic that's why I don't have a lot of time for jackie chan movies or some of jet li stuff.

That's why im a fan of the Daniel Craig bond movies simple quick and brutal

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not necessarily most real fights end in under a minute anyway it's not like in movies where the guys beat each other around for 20 minutes. Sure watching that can be fun but I prefer seeing quick direct fights that look realistic that's why I don't have a lot of time for jackie chan movies or some of jet li stuff.

That's why im a fan of the Daniel Craig bond movies simple quick and brutal
Agreed these 2 fights are 2 of my favourites it doesn't look lovely and flashy or skilful it looks like a full on brawl to the death just like a real fight would be when I see guys flying over houses throwing kicks it takes me out the movie

Taiji Rebel

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wong Jack Man: I found the movie entertaining, a fun film to see with your family and friends. It has lots of action and comedy, and also offers a lesson to be learned. It’s about two martial artists who followed very different paths –one becoming the world famous movie star and the other a kung fu grandmaster of Northern Shaolin, Taijiquan and Hsingyiquan. I will tell my friends to see it because it will bring back many fond memories of their youth, when kung fu was very popular

Last edited:

Latest Discussions