Bill Maher, remember Theo Van Goh

Status
Not open for further replies.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Maher dicusses Islam with Keith Ellison. Maher does not look to have pulled any punches in the discussion.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/12/m...ate-filled-holy-book-that-inspires-terrorism/

bill Maher:
“I do agree that there are other groups that pose a terroristic threat to this country,” Maher said, “I would say that the threat from radicalized Muslims is a unique and greater threat. It is the greatest threat.”

I wonder if Jon Stewart would be so frank with Islam.

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
People get upset when things like "The Quran is a book filled with hate and inspires terrorism and ..........", are said.

But ummm, it is filled with those things. We're not being extreme. The 'holy' books are.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well the Quaran does. You could make some arguement that it there is some of that in the Torah, but the New Testament doesn't have anything like that.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well the Quaran does. You could make some arguement that it there is some of that in the Torah, but the New Testament doesn't have anything like that.
Exactly, there was a lot of smiting going on, in the Old Testament. I guess calling genocide, smite makes it OK.
Sean

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score

The bible and quran have nearly equal amounts of horror and hate in them.

As far as the new testament, I will admit, it is definitely easier a read than the old testament. However, there's quite a bit of reference to a place called 'hell' in it. It seems fair that, telling children they will go there for mundane acts done in this life, is child abuse.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, one has to look at Brother Phelps from our beloved WBC....and one can clearly see how much hate the bible can generate...

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, one has to look at Brother Phelps from our beloved WBC....and one can clearly see how much hate the bible can generate...
There is a huge difference, Phelps and his family are routinely denounced, loudly and clearly by just about everyone. People who speak out against Radical Islam, in any of its forms, be it, misogyny, intolerance of other religions, terrorism, etc are routinely denounced by the left and so called moderate Muslims as bigots.
You can't find a poster on here, for instance, supporting Phelps, but, you can find a whole passel condoning Islamic terrorism, misogyny, religious exclusion, sharia, etc.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The death of Theo Van Gogh:

Assassination

Place where Van Gogh was killed

Demonstration at the Dam square after Van Gogh was killed

Demonstrators. The sign, translated, says "Theo has been murdered."
Mohammed Bouyeri murdered Van Gogh in the early morning of 2 November 2004, in Amsterdam, in front of the Amsterdam East borough office (stadsdeelkantoor) on the corner of the Linnaeusstraat and Tweede Oosterparkstraat (52°21′32.22″N 4°55′34.74″E), while he was cycling to work.[3] Bouyeri shot van Gogh eight times with an HS 2000 handgun, and Van Gogh died on the spot. Bouyeri then attempted to decapitate him with one knife,[4] and stabbed him in the chest with another. The two knives were left implanted in his torso, one attaching a five-page note to his body. The note (Text) threatened Western countries, Jews and Ayaan Hirsi Ali (who went into hiding).[5][6] The note also contained references to the ideologies of the Egyptian organization Takfir wal-Hijra.

The killer, Mohammed Bouyeri, a 26-year-old Dutch-Moroccan citizen, was apprehended by the police after being shot in the leg. Bouyeri has alleged terrorist ties with the Dutch Hofstad Network. He was also charged with the attempted murder of several police officers and bystanders, illegal possession of a firearm, and conspiring to murder others, including Hirsi Ali. He was convicted on 26 July 2005 and sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole.[7]

Imam Fawaz of the as-Sunnah Mosque in The Hague gave a sermon several weeks before the murder in which he called Theo van Gogh "a 'criminal bastard' and prayed for the filmmaker to be afflicted with an incurable disease."[8]

The murder of Theo Van Gogh sparked a storm of outrage throughout the Netherlands. Flowers, notes, drawings, and other expressions of mourning were left at the scene of the murder.[9]

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, he is right, there are packloads of people HERE ON THIS SITE that excuse anything the islamiocs do, and before you can say "jack robinson" reply that "chirstianity is worse or just as bad " BS

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, he is right, there are packloads of people HERE ON THIS SITE that excuse anything the islamiocs do, and before you can say "jack robinson" reply that "chirstianity is worse or just as bad " BS

Produce a quote then. Saying "christianity is just as bad" in no way "condones" or "excuses" anything.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No..it just avoids the question.

The burden of proof is on the poster.

Produce a quote of absolutely anyone on this site "condoning Islamic terrorism, misogyny, religious exclusion, sharia, etc."

Do it. I triple dog dare ya.

Actually, the original poster of that quotation - Big Don - ought to be the one, according to the MT rules, to prove what he said.

Otherwise, I CALL BS!!

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't have any job. I just agreed with Don. Any criticism of Islam based atrocities gets "well what about the Crusades?" style responses. Playing the "I never said that Christians are just as bad" game is BS semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions