Best wing Chun Instructor?

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
In your opinion who’s the best Wing Chun Teacher in the USA or teachers?

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Respectfully, this is an incredibly subjective question with almost no criteria.

OP
M

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Respectfully, this is an incredibly subjective question with almost no criteria.
So the typical

Ill just post and not bother answering the question?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So the typical

A: Who is the best WC teacher on earth?
B: I believe X is the best WC teacher on earth.
C: You are wrong. I believe Y is the best WC teacher on earth.
B: Are you calling me a liar?
C: I believe you are.
B: You are ^%$#@*!
C: You are @#$%^&*
B: ...
C: ...

Last edited:

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So the typical

Yeah, I can't speak to what is typical. I don’t think I really have a typical way of responding to any of the threads on the Wing Chun forum. I’m just here to participate in discussions.

My apologies for not giving you the answer you’re looking for, but in my opinion, “who is the best'' is not really an answerable question. It is extremely subjective; and from my perspective, there isn’t a way to constructively qualify "the best” teacher in the USA. There are just too many variables and interpretation possibilities to look at this objectively, no offense of course.

Out of curiosity, what's your experience in Wing Chun? Are you a practitioner?

OP
M

Mider

Brown Belt
Reaction score
A: Who is the best WC teacher on earth?
B: I believe X is the best WC teacher on earth.
C: You are wrong. I believe Y is the best WC teacher on earth.
B: Are you calling me a liar?
C: I believe you are.
B: You are ^%$#@*!
C: You are @#$%^&*
B: ...
C: ...
Then why posy

do you guys just like hearing yo
Yeah, I can't speak to what is typical. I don’t think I really have a typical way of responding to any of the threads on the Wing Chun forum. I’m just here to participate in discussions.

My apologies for not giving you the answer you’re looking for, but in my opinion, “who is the best'' is not really an answerable question. It is extremely subjective; and from my perspective, there isn’t a way to constructively qualify "the best” teacher in the USA. There are just too many variables and interpretation possibilities to look at this objectively, no offense of course.

Out of curiosity, what's your experience in Wing Chun? Are you a practitioner?
sure it is

im just wondering why anyone’s replying with these silly answers

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
im just wondering why anyone’s replying with these silly answers
What kind of respond do you expect from others for questions such as:

- Who is the best WC teacher?
- Who is the best fighter?
- What's the best MA system?

Last edited:

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lomenchemco is the guy I use regarding the best practical use of wing chun.

Yeah, but that wasn't the question. He asked about teachers.

The teacher who has the thing that I need and a way of reaching me may not be the best teacher for someone else or someone starting out.

If the student is all in on a specific lineage they may not be open to someone teaching outside of that lineage, even if they are somehow "the best."

Honestly, it's tough to find someone good who is accessable to x-student AND willing to make the investment in really teaching them.

Unless you are a very advanced practitioner looking for a specific thing to move you forward "the best" is a mis-guided curiousity.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, but that wasn't the question. He asked about teachers.

The teacher who has the thing that I need and a way of reaching me may not be the best teacher for someone else or someone starting out.

If the student is all in on a specific lineage they may not be open to someone teaching outside of that lineage, even if they are somehow "the best."

Honestly, it's tough to find someone good who is accessable to x-student AND willing to make the investment in really teaching them.

Unless you are a very advanced practitioner looking for a specific thing to move you forward "the best" is a mis-guided curiousity.

No. You should be able to tell before you invest years and thousands of dollars.

hunschuld

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You can never answer who is best there are to many variables.

You also need to have agreed upon objective principals.
Fortunately Wing Chun has those via the Kuen Kuit.

Look for someone that can actually face a resisting opponent and then can he" receive what comes follow what goes" on " no blocking no resisting only strike" or " foot work is light and fast always changing angles". These are just some basic Kuit but I have seen very few that can perform any of them when facing a trained resisting opponent. Wing Chun was designed to work close in. Again very few can actually get tight and control the other person. Can they get close and not get thrown or taken down.
These are all things that are basic wing chun principals but very few can actually make them work or even train them. So this is what to look for.There are instructors that can do some or all of these things but they are hard to find.

Latest Discussions