Best Solution For The Homosexual Union Issue

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Marginal said:
The US really hasn't demonstrated a superior track record in that respect. It wasn't the Europeans that decided it was a great idea to gain a foothold Iran by attempting to install a puppet government for example. What we're seeing right now is a direct result of a failed US action etc.
The most recent meddling tends to draw a lot of attention as well.
I'd love to continue this debate at length, but the moderator's are right, we should return to the topic.

I will only point out this for the record, it was the British who engineered the installation of the Shah. The CIA's involvement is often over-blown and exaggerated, while the actual power behind it was MI-6.....just for the record. http://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/articles/l30iran.htm

It was British Petroleum (then the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company) and the nationalization of it's production capabilities, that was the chief motivation, not American interests. This wasn't a US oil company, and it wasn't US money at stake....It was PURELY British.

The British merely asked for CIA assistance. Again, European meddling, not American. It might do you and my European friends good to examine the REAL histories involved here, not revert to 'blame it all on the US' reflexive responses. Europe has ZERO room to criticize ANYONE on humanitarian grounds, and it does so only as a political expedient. In other words it WAS the Europeans who created the current situation in Iran....they just dragged us along with them in to a mess (as so much of becoming involved in European plots have gotten us in the last century...Washington may have been right).

If we desire to debate this further, create a thread, and i'll join you there to debate it further.

However, back to the topic at hand. Marriage, as i've argued, is not a right at all. However, it is certainly a privilege I see no harm in expanding the definition of, if the citizens of the various states involved agree to it.

Edmund BlackAdder

<B>Rabid Wolverine</B>
Reaction score
I stand between the Dorkness and the Not Bright
Gents, England has it's share of sins. That is true.
But, we still ended slavery before you did, and we didn't have to fight a war to do it, whatever our reasons. Your own internal matter was more political and financial than for any concept of equality or human concerns, as the years afterwards proved. We have also stepped forward again in basic human treatment ahead of you, again, for whatever reasons we may have, by extending the rights and privileges to a previously discriminated against section of our population.

Who knows. Perhaps your rejects will come here, and bring their wealth and knowledge to us, enriching us, while continuing to impoverish you.

At the risk of a bad joke, finally Charles can become Queen. Cheers mates. :)

Latest Discussions