Best self defense flashlight???

OP
allenjp

allenjp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No guys,

The general idea of this one is to be able to carry it with me on a regular basis when I go out.

If I only wanted the brightest light, I suppose I could buy one of those spotlights they use at car lots when they have a sale, and mount it on the top of my car...

I have a two D cell maglight, but it's just too bulky to carry in my pocket when I go out. And my new Surefire is brighter anyway. A lot brighter. Seriously have you guys seen one of these things? It's like a palm sized light cannon.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
the tac lights mentioned are great.. but i love my old large D cell.. 5 of them, Mag light as far as an unobtrusive weapon to have in the car or camping ... of course camping I usually have a rifle for defense.
for walking around on the streets.. go with the tack lights like mentioned by others. .. but in a car, or at home or camping.. that kind of thing, mag lights make a very nice baton/club/mace!

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
No guys,

The general idea of this one is to be able to carry it with me on a regular basis when I go out.

If I only wanted the brightest light, I suppose I could buy one of those spotlights they use at car lots when they have a sale, and mount it on the top of my car...

I have a two D cell maglight, but it's just too bulky to carry in my pocket when I go out. And my new Surefire is brighter anyway. A lot brighter. Seriously have you guys seen one of these things? It's like a palm sized light cannon.
Got a Surefire 6P on my belt right now....awesome little light. I'm a little obsessed with light, primarily working overnights....i've got 5 lights on my belt counting the Surefire X200 on my GLOCK 22C and my Tiger Light in the light ring.

Sounds excessive, but when a cop needs a light, he NEEDS a light that's working! It never fails....you end up a scene for an hour, one light fizzles out from battery exhaustion......you're at another scene, and drop one causing the bulb to malfunction....if all you have is one light, now what? Only two, what then? 5 makes me a feel a little better. ;)

Latest Discussions