Beer from Concentrate?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The website states, "Introducing the first premium quality beer concentrate for your direct purchase! "

http://patsbackcountrybeer.com/home.html

It just doesn't sound right. Have you or anyone you know tried this? On the positive side, I've got to believe it couldn't be any worse than a Bud or Miller.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm willing to try it!! Might have to order some and will let you know how it is. If you never hear from me again, It was bad.... very bad. :erg:

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
nothing wrong will miller, poor folks got to drink too.

jf

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As a homebrewer I have to say that that is wrong on so many levels. Making your own is an art form that is as intricately detailed as any martial art. Just add water? No thank you. :(

OP
C

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
nothing wrong will miller, poor folks got to drink too.

jf

Milwaukee's Best is a Miller product, so I guess you're right.

Speaking of Miller, I get a kick out of the commercial that boasts that hops are added to Miller Lite three times. I imagine some dude standing over a big vat of the light yellow stuff with a hop in a tea bag dips one, two, three; then takes the tea bag on to the next batch.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Milwaukee's Best is a Miller product, so I guess you're right.

Speaking of Miller, I get a kick out of the commercial that boasts that hops are added to Miller Lite three times. I imagine some dude standing over a big vat of the light yellow stuff with a hop in a tea bag dips one, two, three; then takes the tea bag on to the next batch.
It's only light yellow 'cause he just pissed in the vat. :(

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the website, it sounds like they've developed a distillation/brewing process that yields a concentrated "beer" starter mix that, when you add carbonated water, ends up tasting like regular beer. Kind of like liquid lemonade mix...

Of course, if I'm going to pack it, I'm probably just going to carry some bourbon or scotch or vodka, and save the hassle...

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
That site is positively brimming over with its own byproduct.

1) There's a technical term for beer concentrate. That term is "whiskey". When you remove the water from beer you are left with alcohol and flavorings. We call that process distillation.

2) If he's not actually lying he's found a way to grow yeast in a less aqueous environment. Color me highly skeptical.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm thinking they feed the hops to a diabetic horse and process it all through its kidneys...

Latest Discussions