Bass Guitar question

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My son plays bass. Enjoys it a lot. I don't have one myself, but I do have an old, Gibson tenor/4 string guitar.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I spent many years (about 20) playing guitar, electric and Acoustic and then even tried my hands at classical. Then one day, a little over 15 years ago, I stopped. Don't know why, I just stopped. Tried on several occasions to start again, but just could not do it. I currently have 3 guitars collecting dust in my house; Acoustic, Electric and a Classical.

A few years ago (see year post started) I started to think...maybe I should try a Bass. But just after New Years, this year, I got a strong desire to try the bass so...I bought one this evening and I am rather happy about it. I will start working with it tomorrow.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I spent many years (about 20) playing guitar, electric and Acoustic and then even tried my hands at classical. Then one day, a little over 15 years ago, I stopped. Don't know why, I just stopped. Tried on several occasions to start again, but just could not do it. I currently have 3 guitars collecting dust in my house; Acoustic, Electric and a Classical.

A few years ago (see year post started) I started to think...maybe I should try a Bass. But just after New Years, this year, I got a strong desire to try the bass so...I bought one this evening and I am rather happy about it. I will start working with it tomorrow.
Yay! get on this Phil Lynott!! :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A squier bass like it's guitar counterpart is a decent standard bass, I personally like fender jazz bass from fender.

A Fender Jazz is a nice base, but just in case I was buying another dust collector I was not quite ready to shell out $500 just to hold dust.

So I got a much cheaper used Fender Squier P-Bass for much less. And it looks exactly like this

510424000595000-00-500x500.jpg

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
P bass is a great bass, I like it over the bronco. However, I think the jazz bass is the best in the line. You should plug it into a wah pedal and slap it for some funky stuff!

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone here play the Bass?

I played guitar for years but one day lost interest, I picked up a digeridoo and it has been really cool but... I was in a music store the other day looking at an acoustic Bass and thinking :hmm: and then I heard one of the store employees playing a bass and I thought I just may want to give that a try.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good acoustic bass (with frets) for under $500... and under $300 would not hurt my feelings either...or any other Bass guiar info

Acoustic bass? No idea. I have a Squier bass that was under $300, even with shipping. Got it from Sweetwater.