Balitok Eskrima Video Clip

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came across this clip. Looks pretty interesting! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

robertlk808

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That was really neat, thanks for posting..

Interesting way to tie in how to use the whip with throwing a spear and the nails.

The hanging stick seems like a pretty neat training tool, I gotta try that.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a great clip. I have watched it before but it defiantely is a good one.
icon14.gif

robertlk808

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You know I think I am going to break down and buy the 1st season on DVD. I think it only lasted 2 seasons but boy it had some interesting episodes. Did you see the one where the guy was performing an ancient Filipino Warrior ritual to invoke the warrior spirit? The guy believed in the ritual enough to take a sharp machete to his forearm...... and was seriously injured. OUCH!!!

Mcura

Green Belt
Reaction score
The hanging stick style of pell hung in my school as an experiment for a short time. Just like the video, it was a used rattan stick hanging from a rope at head time. It was highly unpredictable, and swung crazily. If you're going to try it yourself, allow for a wide, free area, and no obstacles.

rico

White Belt
Reaction score
Grandmaster Abner Pasa is very experienced and interesting and was challenged to a dual not long ago in Cebu. In an email to a overseas student, Abner commented badly about some respected elders of Filipino martial arts.

Kyle Abella is the son of Grandmaster Tyke Abella formally challenged Abner to a life and death duel and told him to shut his mouth unless he had something good to say.

We hoped we would see a great duel but Abner backed down.

Latest Discussions