Back again

HopelessWriter

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looks like i'm back again for more help T.T My protagonist is unknowingly in a dreamscape and when confronted by what he first thinks of as an enemy he takes a defensive stance and is surprised to find that he now holds twin kali sticks. Upon conversing with this sub-character, he releases the weapons into thin air and takes on a more relaxed, but still guarded stance. As the questionable character begins to change form ( and the protagonist now realizes he's dreaming) he takes a stronger stance than before, but i can't seem to think what the natural escalation of weapon he should hold. (preferably non-bladed)

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know I don't do weapons but this book sounds badass lol

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, its the novel i'm working on
I'm not a huge huge reader I read a bit but mainly stuff I know about im a big nerd really lol so I read a lot of doctor who books and stuff like that but there's not a lot of martial arts in novels really only one I can really think of is the Alex rider books where he's a black belt in karate and uses it occasionally and they use the Japanese words and in one of them he was in a illegal Muay Thai fight in Bangkok

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One thing I will add though is I know you want to be realistic but sometimes realistic isn't the most interesting for entertainment, that's why a lot of martial art movies get criticised by martial artists by being not realistic but they look good on camera look at scott Adkins, guys a great martial artist but his movie fight style is very unrealistic but people love it because it looks good and cool. I know books Is different as well as you have to imagine it but just my 2 cents which honestly are worth nothing but there we go.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looks like i'm back again for more help T.T My protagonist is unknowingly in a dreamscape and when confronted by what he first thinks of as an enemy he takes a defensive stance and is surprised to find that he now holds twin kali sticks. Upon conversing with this sub-character, he releases the weapons into thin air and takes on a more relaxed, but still guarded stance. As the questionable character begins to change form ( and the protagonist now realizes he's dreaming) he takes a stronger stance than before, but i can't seem to think what the natural escalation of weapon he should hold. (preferably non-bladed)

Sounds interesting. I wouldn't worry too much about what weapon to use. It is after all a dream. If you are too stumped, don't even require your protagonist to have a weapon. Several martial arts teach unarmed defense against weapons. That may work but I don't know since you didn't identify the weapon he is against.

Latest Discussions