Attorney Sues After Spending Almost $19,000 at Florida Strip Club

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zoran,
Not that it has ever happened to me... :angel:
but I have heard "stories" about strips clubs up here in the Northeast (and elsewhere) that have adopted "standard procedures" as to when plastic charges (the bill) start to reach and go over five digits.

The clubs are not being Boy Scouts - they are protecting their interests and relationships as Merchants with the Credit Card companies.

To whit the on-duty Head Manager at the club starts contacting by phone the Credit Card Vendor and often has the cardholder get on the telephone line - and therefore be recorded on tape JUST to prevent any potential claim by this "attorney" and his ilk.

Have you seen this?

On occasion. A lot depends on how the club runs things, state laws, and local laws. In some states, you walk a fine line of what could be considered prostitution. For example in Illinois, prostitution is any sexual gratification or arousal in exchange for money. Enough ambiguity that the "powers that be" can use and abuse that law how they see fit.

One of the loopholes that some clubs use is charging for a cheap $20 bottle of champion for $500 or $1000 that also may score you a private room. What you are really purchasing is the dancers time. May protect them from the state or local laws, but could open themselves to civil actions.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
On occasion. A lot depends on how the club runs things, state laws, and local laws. In some states, you walk a fine line of what could be considered prostitution. For example in Illinois, prostitution is any sexual gratification or arousal in exchange for money. Enough ambiguity that the "powers that be" can use and abuse that law how they see fit.

One of the loopholes that some clubs use is charging for a cheap $20 bottle of champion for $500 or $1000 that also may score you a private room. What you are really purchasing is the dancers time. May protect them from the state or local laws, but could open themselves to civil actions.

The arousal - oh in exchange for money.....

Considering - and don't ask me how come I talked to the receptionist at the vet's office about that, I do honestly not recall - you walk (rather I, a female...a guy doing it would be much more disturbing) downtown mainstreet in my home town here wearing overknees/thigh high boots you can be hauled in for soliciting...

But this is taking it away from the lawyer who got caught with his wallet out....

Latest Discussions