ATA Forms...

S

ShaolinWolf

So, to those here who take ATA TKD: What do you think of the forms? HAve you got them memorized? All of them? What about the rest of the cirriculum? Do you like the whole cirriculum? What's your favorite part? I haven't really ever gotten to asking these questions on here, but now's as good a time as any...

:asian:

Shu2jack

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There is a good unoffical ATA forum at www.ataforums.com
Lots of good people and no idiots. Mostly because none have joined up yet and in part because things will be done the "old" ATA way. "Attitude adjustments". People either learn very quickly or quit.

As for my opinions, I have the white belt through 2nd degree form memorized. It is impossible to memorize all the forms since there can be only one 9th degree and there are only three 8th degree.

I think the forms are excellent dispite the fact that are very new. From philosophy, to physical and muscle development, to developing skills such as balance and coordnation, to how it fits in with the rest of the curriculum, I think they are excellent. I have been an ATA student for 10 years and an instructor for 4 and it continues to amaze me how well these forms were put together and how everything fits. The late GM H.U. Lee was truly a Grand Master.

What is my favorite part of the curriculum? I personally like it all, though the quality of the training and what you learn depends on the quality of the instructor. I was lucky to have an old-fashion one.

OP
S

Spud

I truly enjoyed the beauty, symmetry and flow of the ATA forms. Although I have left ATA, I miss the forms developed by H.U. Lee.

Glad to hear there is an alternative forum to the over-moderated “official” forum. The chest protector debates and whining parents overly focused on tournament points was too much to bear.

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

I agree, shujack. I like the entire cirriculum. It is well developed and the late Grand Master H.U. Lee definitely spent plenty of time on it, creating a whole new system.

Latest Discussions