Assange and conveniently ignored allegations of assault

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This aricle deals with feminists defending Assange, the wikileaker, from the allegations of sexual assault. It names all the feminists who have leapt to his defence, against his accusers. It is interesting to me because, had Assange been of a different political persuasion, these same feminists would have been calling for his execution.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/assange-rape-allegations-and-the-lefts-abandonment-of-womens-rights/

The knee-jerk response of many so-called liberals and progressives to the rape allegations against Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been to defend Assange and attack his accusers. It’s a shameful and hypocritical position, but one which will come as no surprise to most conservatives. It might, however, open the eyes of moderate feminists and their supporters as to just how far women’s rights have slipped down the left’s traditional pecking order of causes

There are valid doubts that can be raised over the women’s allegations against Assange, and it’s certainly possible to interpret the events in Stockholm as a case of two starstruck young women joining forces to take revenge after being shabbily treated by the object of their affections. However, it’s equally possible that Assange is guilty of serious sexual crimes, and at the very least there’s a case to be answered.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
True. But isn't it convenient to have some means of getting him into custody while you get some retrospective legislation in place so you will be able to apply for extradition. Something smells really bad!

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, but the point to this is the reaction of feminists to Assange. They support all kinds of horrible behavior toward women, as long as the men who do it support abortion rights or other aspects of the liberal agenda. They went after Clarence THomas for just allegations of jokes, and this guy has rape allegations against him.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, Love, Clarence Thomas was accused of sexual harrassment in the workplace, from boss to subordinate, that's a bit different from being a bad joke teller.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And sexual harrassment, love, is a lot less than rape, but the same women who went after clarence are actually helping Assange. A little bit of a big difference in the treatment of men based on their politics. Assange is accused by two different women of rape, and wether or not it is true, it is the feminist behavior that is under scrutiny here.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And sexual harrassment, love, is a lot less than rape, but the same women who went after clarence are actually helping Assange. A little bit of a big difference in the treatment of men based on their politics. Assange is accused by two different women of rape, and wether or not it is true, it is the feminist behavior that is under scrutiny here.

I am not scrutinizing it.

I was just pointing out your cavalier attitude towards Mr Thomas.
Certainly the timing of those allegations becoming public was also very suspect (I am seeing a theme here) and the accuser was put through the wringer accordingly. However a continued assault on the sense of decency is pretty despicable with long lasting effects.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, Love, Clarence Thomas was accused of sexual harrassment in the workplace, from boss to subordinate, that's a bit different from being a bad joke teller.

Actually I can't speak for what level of Harrassment Clarence Thomas was accused of, but Sexual Harrasment can be as simple as someone not finding your joke appropriate. Hell, it CAN be as simple as someone seeing you giving your spouse a hug in the office to say goodbye, or even saying "I love you" to them on the phone where someone else can hear; you don't have to be "Involved" in the act to be Harassed. Of course, those two examples above probably wouldn't pass the "reasonable person test" and would be thrown out, but the Joke thing can and often is upheld.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually I can't speak for what level of Harrassment Clarence Thomas was accused of, but Sexual Harrasment can be as simple as someone not finding your joke appropriate. Hell, it CAN be as simple as someone seeing you giving your spouse a hug in the office to say goodbye, or even saying "I love you" to them on the phone where someone else can hear; you don't have to be "Involved" in the act to be Harassed. Of course, those two examples above probably wouldn't pass the "reasonable person test" and would be thrown out, but the Joke thing can and often is upheld.

That is the other extreme. Can't even tell a fellow coworker he/she looks good anymore. Which is equally stupid.

However From the few things I gathered during those hearings it was rightfully brought up in his bid for higher office. Though it might have also rendered him spineless....

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, but the point to this is the reaction of feminists to Assange. They support all kinds of horrible behavior toward women, as long as the men who do it support abortion rights or other aspects of the liberal agenda. They went after Clarence THomas for just allegations of jokes, and this guy has rape allegations against him.
I was unaware that Assange was a champion for abortion.
Sean

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know where assange is on abortion, but that was the shield that both the serial, sexual predator Bill Clinton and the sexual harrasser and guy who left the scene of an accident Ted Kennedy used to keep the feminists off their cases.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

The "reasonable person test" and "upheld" is language used for a legal definition of a term, such as sexual harrassment. While I cannot speak for the labor laws of all 50 states (nor am I an attorney), none of those scenarios would meet many states' legal definition of sexual harassment...except perhaps the jokes, because joke is a very broad term. Can't say 100 percent for Illinois though, IL seems to be trying very hard to catch up to CA in terms of labor law complexity.

No one is terminated from their job for a trivial reason, sexual or otherwise. However, all the indignant I-only-just-fillintheblank stunts, whether they are sexual or otherwise, do add up. In the case of some people, they add up to the point where they prove to be such a poor return on investment that they are let go.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The "reasonable person test" and "upheld" is language used for a legal definition of a term, such as sexual harrassment. While I cannot speak for the labor laws of all 50 states (nor am I an attorney), none of those scenarios would meet many states' legal definition of sexual harassment...except perhaps the jokes, because joke is a very broad term. Can't say 100 percent for Illinois though, IL seems to be trying very hard to catch up to CA in terms of labor law complexity.

No one is terminated from their job for a trivial reason, sexual or otherwise. However, all the indignant I-only-just-fillintheblank stunts, whether they are sexual or otherwise, do add up. In the case of some people, they add up to the point where they prove to be such a poor return on investment that they are let go.

No, I don't believe they would be upheld here, but I have seen in my time in management both of those situations reported because it made someone feel "uncomfortable".

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Frankly if someone told me that seeing me kiss my wife goodbye or hearing me tell her her I love her made them "uncomfortable", I`d be tempted to tell them to "suck it up". (ie: tough it out), but I`m afraid that would also be considered sexual harassment. I try to be polite and considerate to everyone I encounter during the day, but I don`t feel I should have to censor my every word or action in order to make them "comfortable". And I don`t expect them to make any excessive allowances for me either. Everyone preaches tolerance, but it seems the more tolerant we become the more thin-skinned everyone gets.