As In 400AD, So Today?

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
One can see the parallels, yes. Maybe you'll get really lucky, and the Once and Future King really will come back, too. ('Tho I wouldn't hold my breath.)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps! Drake is promised to return in England's need too (the myth doesn't say anything about the rest of the British Isles though lol)

I think the point behind the myths is that people need hope, they want to believe someone is coming to getting them out of trouble, sadly I think we may have to wait a long time for a prsonailty to come along to dig us out of our present troubles.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think the point behind the myths is that people need hope, they want to believe someone is coming to getting them out of trouble, sadly I think we may have to wait a long time for a prsonailty to come along to dig us out of our present troubles.
Well, if you guys really need me, I suppose I can give you a hand.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Must be horrible living there right now haha.. oh.. hang on a minute..

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every generation has people who think that the past was glorious and the present day is going down the drain, the truth is that we actually haven't had it this good before. Despite all the doomsayers life today is better than it has ever been, after all the definition of poverty in this country now is not having a television and computer!
Doesn't mean we should be complaisent but that we should actually look at the past and count our blessings while taking into account lessons we should learn.

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
Although there are some parallels I don’t think western civilization will collapse on itself like during the fall of the Western Roman Empire :D. But with Earth turning into multipolar world things are bound to become more "interesting".