Are silat and wing chun related?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
i dont know all there is in my area. so far i only know that there's a place where they offer FMA and there are a few places where they
offer different kinds of wing chun.

i'm pretty sure that they also offer krav maga somewhere in my region. but krav maga doesnt really interest me. it may be effective
but just from looking at it it looks boring.

I hate to tell you this but effective martial arts are often "boring," there is a reason why they have to spice things up for movies, because simply punching someone in the temple or chin makes for a boring movie.

D

Dylan9d

i dont know all there is in my area. so far i only know that there's a place where they offer FMA and there are a few places where they
offer different kinds of wing chun.

i'm pretty sure that they also offer krav maga somewhere in my region. but krav maga doesnt really interest me. it may be effective
but just from looking at it it looks boring.

What style of FMA? I did some FMA a couple of years back and it's fun and versatile, and yes Krav Maga is a bit boring because of it's simplicity but can be effective in some situations.

Mouzalina Mahfud

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The originality of Silat is the royal inheritance of the Kings and Heirs of the Indonesian Kingdom. When Indonesia being colonized in 17th century, Pencak and Silat are banned, and many native people create a new Style of Pencak and Silat in secret till 1945. And "Pencak silat" was chosen in 1948 as a unifying term for the Indonesian fighting styles

D

Dylan9d

The originality of Silat is the royal inheritance of the Kings and Heirs of the Indonesian Kingdom. When Indonesia being colonized in 17th century, Pencak and Silat are banned, and many native people create a new Style of Pencak and Silat in secret till 1945. And "Pencak silat" was chosen in 1948 as a unifying term for the Indonesian fighting styles

Is this the only bit of information you can type? because you are posting it in every topic