Apparently Global Warming is Offically Over now.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Gee, lets see if cyro is immediatly attacked the way billi was when he linked a really similar article last week...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or so this article purports. I posted this in another thread but no one responded to it...

Is this information accurate and reliable? A cover up? Tabloid sensationalism? Junk science? Hoax? Deniers? or what?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-report-quietly-released--chart-prove-it.html

Gee, lets see if cyro is immediatly attacked the way billi was when he linked a really similar article last week...

:lol:

Did billie write it?

It's from the daily mail and it's getting to be winter there....

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
The proof that the article isn't accurate is pretty clear, if one is interested in the facts. Also, what is with using sources like the dailymail and brieghtbart? At least support stories by them with something released by a source not as questionable.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, what is with using sources like the dailymail and brieghtbart? At least support stories by them with something released by a source not as questionable.

Well, to be fair, I don't know anything about Dailymail, and I didn't post it as fact, I posted it and asked about it's accuracy. Considering that, why the **** would I post something supporting the story by someone less questionable.

Next time I decide to ask a question, I'll ****ing balance it out by asking Janeane Garofalo if it's ok to post, alright?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, you could if you wanted but that might be over-reacting just a bit :).

The Daily Mail is indeed a source not to be treated with a great deal of respect, sad to say; a bit like that Pajamarama site Mr. Cihak is so fond of linking, it is packed to the gunnels with those whose political accreditation is more important than their love of reason and investigation - we (those few here that are UK resident) have noted this every time someone (including me :D) has used it as a linked source. Maybe we should put a banner ad on MT so people know :lol:.

As to the topic in question, given that climatological anomalies can be over in the extent of a human life-time or can persist for millennia, I would say it's a little early to tell if the current temperature ramp has petered out or not.

P.S. Cap'n Bob, I think you need a better spurl cheaker on the site - any linguistic software that doesn't understand words like "gunnels" needs a kick up the backside :).

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, I don't know anything about Dailymail, and I didn't post it as fact, I posted it and asked about it's accuracy. Considering that, why the **** would I post something supporting the story by someone less questionable.

Next time I decide to ask a question, I'll ****ing balance it out by asking Janeane Garofalo if it's ok to post, alright?

Naw, that's not neccesary. All you had to do was read the comments or sidebars on the page you yourself linked then check the source site for the story you posted. Pretty easy, huh? ...especially since a link was given more than a few times. Dailymail is fairly well known as a partisan hack site not much interested in truth, but all you had to do to know that was read a few other stories. Also pretty easy. You posted a crap story and you can use curse words as much as you like, but it doesn't change that fact...it also makes you look like you aren't intelligent enough to use words other than curse words, which is a shame because I think you really are a smart guy.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't investigate the link. I didn't go on to read other stories. Someone posted that to me, and I posted that here asking for clarification as to how trustworthy the info was, and in typical fashion, since I questioned the almighty power of the Liberal Agenda instead of a "No, John, thats not a reputable site,and the science is bad here is why" I got a response from you that was basically "OMG are you stupid or something? Look at that partisan drivel you spouted off, next time try backing it up with facts."

So, in response to that, yeah, you get the same ol big **** You very much for your help... and I don't really care if you think that makes me look unintelligent, since it seems that anyone who even asks a question that challenges your beliefs is treated like they are a moron anyhow for asking.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this really how you want things to develop, gentlemen? I would hope not, given that one of the things that I like so much about this site is that most of our members IQ's are larger than their shoe-size - a blessing that not many places around the Net can boast of.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you post it here when you could have just read the dang article yourself and answer all your own questions Then you want to get pissy with me and curse at me because I point it out to you. Your a precious thing. LOL

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No... I read the article, I Didnt go on to read read the comments or sidebars on the page on the site, which is what you said I should have done: Now, you are changing your story to simply reading the article?

And NO, you did not "Point it out to me"

what is with using sources like the dailymail and brieghtbart? At least support stories by them with something released by a source not as questionable.

THAT was you attacking me for posting something from a source you disapprove of, plain and simple.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry.
Just because you are not billie does not mean the source is now more credible. :angel:

You know what? Show me where I said "Look at this credible story from this obviously Republican Foriegn Newspaper"

Oh wait you CAN'T because what I said was:

Is this information accurate and reliable? A cover up? Tabloid sensationalism? Junk science? Hoax? Deniers? or what?

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this really how you want things to develop, gentlemen? I would hope not, given that one of the things that I like so much about this site is that most of our members IQ's are larger than their shoe-size - a blessing that not many places around the Net can boast of.

Apparently yes. All someone would have needed to do to respond was tell me ""No, John, thats not a reputable site,and the science is bad" rather than "Omg You are another Billi posting from that site" "cant you back your statements up with real facts" "blah blah blah we are too elitist to actually treat a question with a little respect but demand you give it to us and mind your tongue."

So yeah. Apparently, that is the direction it is going to develop.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think it needs to if people would stop poking each other with sticks for a moment or two. A couple of softer words and we could get on with talking about climate change rather than, to use an appropriate American expression, yanking each others chains {note to self, I hope that phrase means what I think it does rather than something far ruder :D}.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well actually I did post that it's not a reputable source and I posted the links to the organisation that was supposedly saying that global warming was over.

The main problem with the Daily Fail at the moment is concerns over the way it treats underage children, we have a monumental scandal going on at the moment about the sexual abuse of children by certain celebrities that has been going on for donkey's years but has just been uncovered.this newpaper while supposedly condemning it is known for actually showing photos of underage children in a sexual manner. This is one of the more pithier criticisms of the Fail.

http://www.dailyshame.co.uk/2012/11/satire/police-swoop-to-arrest-daily-mail-the-paedophiles-friend/

this a little more contained. http://www.anorak.co.uk/338571/news...-open-letter-to-the-daily-mail-reporter.html/

http://blog.dave.org.uk/tag/daily-mail

Latest Discussions