Anyone watch the matches streeming from copenhagen?

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think any sport competition is fighting. None. They are all controled combat of some sort and nothing more. So the statement is true, but fits all Martial Sports or Martial Competitions.

I did like watching some of the female participants at the WC by the way. Must more entertaining then the men, and fun to watch.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I certainly have never said Olympic TKDists can't fight, what I've said is that Olympic TKD isn't fighting, there's a difference there.
If I thought TKD people couldn't fight the Olympic stuff wouldn't bother me, it's the fact they can fight that makes the Olympic stuff so insipid and pointless.

Your lad did well in that fight. Many of our fighters come from a TKD/karate background so that style of fighting is very familiar to me. I don't suppose you could ask him to sunbathe with his top off lol? The white strap marks make him look a bit amateur, either a tan or not lol! (Before anyone moans it's a very very minor thing, it just made me smile)

Funny!!! The reality is that his tan comes from his job....With full-time employment...training for 2 fighting styles...he does not have the time to tan....we all tease him...with Bobby's genetics he will never be as pretty as some fighters a tan would help...but the kid hits and kicks like a mule...His choice of tat's is also an issue but we all love him...If he keeps on working on his ground game I think you will hear from him in the next five years...We need to make sure that he keeps focused!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny!!! The reality is that his tan comes from his job....With full-time employment...training for 2 fighting styles...he does not have the time to tan....we all tease him...with Bobby's genetics he will never be as pretty as some fighters a tan would help...but the kid hits and kicks like a mule...His choice of tat's is also an issue but we all love him...If he keeps on working on his ground game I think you will hear from him in the next five years...We need to make sure that he keeps focused!!!

It's the same with all but a couple of fighters here, full time work or study and trying to train. I didn't see the tattoos properly but they looked fine on the video. Keeping youngsters focused is the trick in all sports but I do wish him well.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have had many people state that Olympic Sport TKDists can't fight. This is a kid from our school. He currently doing MMA and training in Sport TKD. He fights in Tuff Enuff and is still active in Olympic Sport TKD. He will fight in the US Open. He understands the difference from Sport TKD and MMA. I have attached his fight he is still RAW but making improvement. His basic Martial Art is TKD. He is a good striker. He needs allot training in his ground work but he is a tough kid who is working hard to achieve his goals.

Ha ha ha...he used a double kick in there, low then high. Good stuff. Nice hook right on the button. I think more WTF fighters will be makeing the cross over. I like people that under estimate the power that WTF fighters generate. When there is speed there is power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions