Anyone To-Shin Do?

tengu33

White Belt
Reaction score
yes, i did check out his website and am in the process contacting them
i've followed up on everyones advice i could
i'm still interested in training in to shin do...possibly concurrent with whatever dojo I do train with... still researching and gathering as much information as I can

j. mcginn

saru1968

Green Belt
Reaction score
cool

my only advice would be that you might be better served picking one or the other at a beginners level as it might get confusing and then branch out when you gather more experience.

anyhow let us know how you get on.

OP
lalom

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
I guess since I started this thread originally. For whatever reasons, I never got my answer. I guess I'll try again. Perhaps since the move of this forum to another location I'll get better results.

If you are a practitioner of To-Shin Do, please state where you're from and how long you've been at it. Just so that we can see who's who and how many there are of us here.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess since I started this thread originally. For whatever reasons, I never got my answer. I guess I'll try again. Perhaps since the move of this forum to another location I'll get better results.

If you are a practitioner of To-Shin Do, please state where you're from and how long you've been at it. Just so that we can see who's who and how many there are of us here.

Back in post #44 I made mention of the fact I'm To-Shin Do as well. How long? Long enough to have the little gold Nin symbol on the front of my Gi. I don't know if it was system wide or not, but up here (Northern Maine) it stands for founding member, meaning when Quest Centers and To-Shin Do was unveiled, I was training with them already. So a long-long time now. I did have to take several years off due to a growing family and moving away, but I'm back and going strong. I still miss the Bujinkan, and that aspect will never go away, after all, it is where I started in this fine vibrant MA known as Ninjutsu. There is a strong contingent of TSD practitioners here in the Presque Isle/Caribou, ME area.

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score

From California, about three or so years now.

maccuda

White Belt
Reaction score
yeps, To-shin do here, studying in the United Kingdom

Michael Stinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey,

I doubt I will be very active as I am pretty busy...but for some reason I decided to poke my head back in here recently and it seems to be relatively civil. Will check things out from time to time and participate if it looks interesting :)

Michael Stinson
Phoenix Quest Center

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey,

I doubt I will be very active as I am pretty busy...but for some reason I decided to poke my head back in here recently and it seems to be relatively civil. Will check things out from time to time and participate if it looks interesting :)

Michael Stinson
Phoenix Quest Center

Why hello Mr. Stinson :wavey:. I enjoyed your presentation at Discovery last month. Glad to see you here.

Autumnlightning

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi,
studying To shindo in the Uk and looking forward to the course with Mr Hayes in July.
I have been told that the course will be Chuden /Okuden of the koto Ryu,
Takagi Yoshin ryu and Gyokko ryu. Can anyone confirm this at all ?

Latest Discussions