Anyone Seen Hock's Knife: Solo Command and Mastery Video?

mcjon77

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone owns, or has seen Hock Hochheim's video Knife Theme: Solo Command & Mastery. Im looking for a video that will teach me solo drills to do with the knife and any help/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It depends on your experience with knife training. Hock's video has some very good basic material. The best way to describe his approach is a stripped down FMA kept to a very simple level to allow fast learning/good retention. (this is not, by the way, a negative comment). If you have little to no FMA or blade experience, and if you are looking for solo training concepts, this is definately a good place to start. I think you will find that Hock has very good teaching concepts.
(I would also suggest looking at one or more of the Sayoc DVDs once you get comfortable moving with a blade)

chfroehlich

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes I have, it's one of my favorite tapes I show to people who are interested in knifefighting. It teaches you how to slash and thrust for example against something Hock calls a "Chinese War Post", a device looking like the famous Wing Chun Wooden Dummy. Plus he shows how to build a Chinese War Post for yourself. I think that it's one of the best videos teaching people with no or only a little training and no access to an instructor.

Working out the drills Hock demonstrates will give you a good foundation to work with.

Best to you

Christof

OP
M

mcjon77

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the info guys, and also thanks for the description of the dummy. I was wondering what it looked like.

Jon

Latest Discussions