Anyone have experience buying a pair of dumbbells online?

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have just moved into my uni accommodation, and I am looking for a set of adjustable dumbbells to purchase. I looked around and I found this offer.
428c9d4a6b97208a83472f658df9c677_900.jpeg

But it simply feels too good to be true. $35 with shipping included for 30kg dumbbells is much cheaper than anything else I have come by. What are your thoughts?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
See if you can find anything about the seller's reputation. It could just be a great deal.

When I was buying my 2nd guitar, there was a specific guitar I wanted that was around $850. I found one on Amazon for under $600, but it was a different color than the manufacturer advertised. At first I thought it was a counterfeit, or an older model. But I couldn't even find it on the manufacturer's history.

So I contacted the seller. They said it was just an old color run, but otherwise the same model. Then I contacted the manufacturer and asked if it was counterfeit. They said it's just an older color run, but it's the same hardware.

I actually liked this color better. So I saved almost $300, while getting a guitar I liked better.

Sometimes those deals that are too god to be true, are still true.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good deal, but don't know the quality. But yeah good idea going with adjustable dumbbells, have always used them and can't fathom going to set weight ones!