Anyone from Canada here?

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
My moms side of the family was in the U.S. from before the U.S. was the U.S. Then they got sick of slave holders, so about 50 years before the Civil War started most of them moved up to Canada. The rest stayed behind and helped fight the south. And long story short my family has helped in every war the U.S. and Canada has been involded in. My Mom is a Canadian born abord. At some point I hope to see about having myself given that same position. My Grandma moved to oregon a few years before my mom was born.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

John (with family in Vancouver)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
My moms side of the family was in the U.S. from before the U.S. was the U.S. Then they got sick of slave holders, so about 50 years before the Civil War started most of them moved up to Canada. The rest stayed behind and helped fight the south. And long story short my family has helped in every war the U.S. and Canada has been involded in. My Mom is a Canadian born abord. At some point I hope to see about having myself given that same position. My Grandma moved to oregon a few years before my mom was born.

John (with family in Vancouver)

Including the war of 1812? Where Canada burned down the Presidential House in DC? ;)

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Including the war of 1812? Where Canada burned down the Presidential House in DC? ;)

Lets hope not. I'm proud of my Canadian blood, and my family's tradition of patriotism, but if that is so... well... I have a feeling a few less people will like me much. Anyways.

John

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
Lets hope not. I'm proud of my Canadian blood, and my family's tradition of patriotism, but if that is so... well... I have a feeling a few less people will like me much. Anyways.

John

John,

Either way it is in the past, and not a direct representation of yourself. :)

Just remember that.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
John,

Either way it is in the past, and not a direct representation of yourself. :)

Just remember that.

True, but I know people who hate fro the soul reason of i'm Canadian, some for German, some for Russian, some because I do a Vietnamese style of Karate. Not the Karate part, but the Veitnamese part (I will never get how I'm a communist since I do a Veitnamese martial art that has no schools acctuly in Veitnam).

John

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
True, but I know people who hate fro the soul reason of i'm Canadian, some for German, some for Russian, some because I do a Vietnamese style of Karate. Not the Karate part, but the Veitnamese part (I will never get how I'm a communist since I do a Veitnamese martial art that has no schools acctuly in Veitnam).

John

Don't stop being patriotic- be proud of where you're from. No one should remain mad at others for everything, especially things that happened nearly 2 centuries ago. If we did, we might as well go back to cave dwelling. The Vietnamese part is still sensitive, and you still have people wanting to go around saying others are communist on a lot of things.

OP
Jesse

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Okay okay

Enough with the Canadian eh jokes, we've all heard them.

I would like to thank everyone for greeting me so well. I'm liking the site and getting alot of information from here.

Latest Discussions