any schools in york, pa?

fst100

White Belt
Reaction score
sorry if this is in the wrong section, but im somewhat new to the forum as well as the numerous ways of martial arts. i am currently searching for reputable schools in the york, pa area. if anyone would be kind enough to recommend a school for me that would be very helpful and generous. please let me know. and thank you all again and i hope to begin my training soon.

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
sorry if this is in the wrong section, but im somewhat new to the forum as well as the numerous ways of martial arts. i am currently searching for reputable schools in the york, pa area. if anyone would be kind enough to recommend a school for me that would be very helpful and generous. please let me know. and thank you all again and i hope to begin my training soon.
Hello,
Yes there are some reputable schools in York...
First, there's the dojo that I attend, its: www.shotokaneast.com
Then there's an EPAK school, its: www.grkenpo.com
Finally, there's a Bujinkan school, its: www.tacticalselfdefense.com
The rest are mainly McDojos, but you can have a look in the Yellow book if you want to check them out.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is there a particular art that you're interested in? The more info you can provide, the better we may be able to help you. :)

Mike

OP
F

fst100

White Belt
Reaction score
ah thank you jason, i'll check out the 1st link.

OP
F

fst100

White Belt
Reaction score
will im looking for something that is a combination of grappling and self defense. any recommendations on what might be a good suitable style?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
will im looking for something that is a combination of grappling and self defense. any recommendations on what might be a good suitable style?

Here are a few BJJ schools in PA. Not sure how close they are to you though. As for SD, depending on what you're looking for, you may want to cross train.

Mike

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish it had been York in England, you could have come up and trained with us, we do MMA, TMA and SD! (If anyone wants to PM what your York is like I'd be very interested!)

OP
F

fst100

White Belt
Reaction score
nah, the york i have is pretty small, crowded, and 70% ghetto. i might try out this ephrata martial arts that was one of the search results MJS gave me.

Latest Discussions