Martial Arts Schools in the New York City area

dm1986

White Belt
Reaction score
Dear all,

Any martial artists in the New York City area out there?

I am attempting to put together a comprehensive listing of all martial arts schools in the New York City area, including the five outer boroughs. Literally anything, including Aikido, Kung Fu, Wing Chun, Karate, Kenpo, Tai Chi, Jiu Jitsu, BJJ, MMA, Kendo, Kenjitsu, Muay Thai, Kali/Arnis, Krav Maga, Hapkido, Jeet Kun Do, Silat, as well as European styles such as Historical Fencing, Savate, Systema, Sambo, etc., and lesser-known styles such as Kuk Sool Won, Taijitsu, etc.. Internal styles are also welcome!

I am finding it a big challenge to locate many of these schools. Some no longer have a website (or never had one to begin with), and may be falling through the cracks. Many, especially those in Chinatown, just have a phone number and that's it. Also, if there are any rare, regional styles (that I may not be aware of), I would love to help bring them out of obscurity by listing them (and possibly featuring them) on the site. The listings can be accessed via the "By Origin" section in the menu on the site's main page:

Martial Arts New York | Eastern, Western or South American; you'll find it here

If any of you belong to (or know of) any schools not listed, I would be grateful if you could let me know. Any additional or pertinent information is appreciated. With your help I really hope to make this a useful free resource to all martial artists.

Many thanks in advance to all!

Latest Discussions