Any pie fans?

Given a choice, I choose:

• Pie! Mmmmmm!

• Cake

• neither! I am a sick freak who doesn't like sweet things!

Results are only viewable after voting.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I like pie, and im getting fairly good at making it too, Peaches are good, Apple, and cherry (tho i havent made cherry yet) are also really good

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I make a mean pecan pie, the best pumpkin pie ever (according to my unbiased, pie-loving daughter), and I've experimented with coconut cream, cherry, chocolate cream, and my fav - toll house pie (think cross between pecan pie and a warm Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie!)

I also did a blackberry cheesecake once, that was an incredible amount of work (hence why only once), but came out really well - sorry for the sightly-off-topic post, but cheesecake doesn't really fit under either 'cake' or 'pie'.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sorry I'm going to be different here and say cake.

But then I am British.

I love Hot chocolate Fudge cake with ice-cream and caramel fudge filling... hmmmmmmm

Anyway that leaves more pie for you lot.

OP
zDom

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
... cheesecake doesn't really fit under either 'cake' or 'pie'.

D'oh! I should have put that in as the fourth choice!

I forgot about cheesecake: Mmmmmm...cheesecake :)

/end Homer Simpson impersonation

hrlmonkey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i was also wondering about cheesecake, mainly of the blackcurrant variety.
all this thread has done, is make me feel hungry. now i have to go on a binge for sweet stuffs!

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Pumpkin Pie ( homemade only) slightly warmed with a touch of whipped cream...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby...

Down here in Texas, we put vanilla ice cream ontop of pumpkin pie. And if we're not having pumpkin pie...it's sweet potato pie!

I too am a lover of pies...my favorite pie is cheesecake. The question has been asked, is it a pie or a cake? According to Recipe.com, cheesecake is classified as a "cake". But I will disagree. A cheesecake contains a crust and is usually prepared in a pie pan, just like a typical pie. Both flour and baking powder is necessary for the preparation of a cake, not so in cheesecake. Plus, since I do love pies and I am not too partial to cake, I am biased in my definition of cheesecake. However, I do enjoy an occasional German Chocolate Cake and a Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

Pies that I don't like:
key lime
mince meat
cherry

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sweets are my downfall. I like almost any kind of sweet there is, and pie is no exception! I think my top two favorites are- coconut cream and french silk chocolate.

What I won't, can't, or hate are: Shoofly (not sure on the spelling), peanutbutter (too much p.b makes me gag), and that's all I can think of right now.

My wife hates peanut butter. She can't even be around it. It drives her crazy when I make the kids pb&j's.

I on the other hand, can eat it by the spoonful. And I don't mean your usual soup spoon...you know that big one that most people call a "table-spoon". It is also the one usually used at my house to scoop out the ice cream.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I prefer steak....

Although I like Chocolote Pie from "The Pie Shoppe" in Ligonier, PA and I will eat the OCCASSIONAL Apple pie. Other than that, I hate ice cream, don't like chocolate much.....

But I just ate 3 hot dogs, 3 smoked sausages, and a hamburger!!!

need some pepto?

hrlmonkey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
According to Recipe.com, cheesecake is classified as a "cake". But I will disagree. A cheesecake contains a crust and is usually prepared in a pie pan, just like a typical pie. Both flour and baking powder is necessary for the preparation of a cake, not so in cheesecake.
in britain, and europe also i believe, we use a crumbly biscuit base for cheesecake. is that the case in america at all?

also i'm with you on the mince pie hatred squad. possibly the 2nd worst thing about christmas.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pies that I don't like:key lime mince meat cherry

I agree with you on all those..I remember when I moved to Fla and ordered a slice of Key Lime...I remember asking why it wasn't green in color..I waiter in a frosty tone informed me that only Northerners would make a Key Lime pie green as there is no lime in it...

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
in britain, and europe also i believe, we use a crumbly biscuit base for cheesecake. is that the case in america at all?
I used a crumbled cookie (vanilla wafer) with flour and some other ingredients for the crust in mine; others use crumbled graham crackers, or a mixture of who-knows-what.

also i'm with you on the mince pie hatred squad. possibly the 2nd worst thing about christmas.
Yes, and fruit cake is the first worst (so chock up another vote in the survey for pie over cake ;) )

I agree with you on all those..I remember when I moved to Fla and ordered a slice of Key Lime...I remember asking why it wasn't green in color..I waiter in a frosty tone informed me that only Northerners would make a Key Lime pie green as there is no lime in it...
Hah!! I lived in FL for eight years, and even had Key Lime Pie in the keys! It does have lime, and it is a pale green. (It also has a graham cracker crust and is best with whipped cream, for those who want to know.)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
IHah!! I lived in FL for eight years, and even had Key Lime Pie in the keys! It does have lime, and it is a pale green. (It also has a graham cracker crust and is best with whipped cream, for those who want to know.)

SO I was LIED to????? This waiter said that true Key Lime pie is NOT green but a pale yellow and it doesn't have enough lime to justify a green hue...Yes I remember the excellent graham cracker crust and whipped cream...

OP
zDom

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I forgot about cobblers! I like them, too :)

Shoulda added a FIFTH category! :D

Latest Discussions