Any Hearing Impaired?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A funny story....

I wear aids on both sides for loss from ototoxic meds. In class one day we were told to lay on the floor flat on our back. We were then told to do 25 punches. I thought it was an odd thing to be doing but did it anyway. After two or three I glanced at my neighbor and saw the rest of the class doing CRUNCHES. I now always look at my instructor to see what he demonstrates and what the others are doing.

The only problem I have is when I am sparring and have my head gear on I get a ton of feedback from the aids. I wear glasses too so that may be part of it. I have to take the aids off when sparring because of that. Suggestions?
If anyone had asked you could've told them you were softening the air to make your CRUNCHES easier... :rolleyes:

OP
K31

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A funny story....

I wear aids on both sides for loss from ototoxic meds. In class one day we were told to lay on the floor flat on our back. We were then told to do 25 punches. I thought it was an odd thing to be doing but did it anyway. After two or three I glanced at my neighbor and saw the rest of the class doing CRUNCHES. I now always look at my instructor to see what he demonstrates and what the others are doing.

The only problem I have is when I am sparring and have my head gear on I get a ton of feedback from the aids. I wear glasses too so that may be part of it. I have to take the aids off when sparring because of that. Suggestions?

To tell the truth I was never able to get over my fear of them being damaged to wear them sparring. I'm not hurting for money but my insurance wouldn't even pay 10% of what they cost so they were a big chunk of change out of pocket.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To tell the truth I was never able to get over my fear of them being damaged to wear them sparring. I'm not hurting for money but my insurance wouldn't even pay 10% of what they cost so they were a big chunk of change out of pocket.

Odd. My hearing aids are warranty for 1 year against loss or damage and if I want to have them replaced after that I pay a (relatively) small fee for replacements.
Might want to talk to the sales person about that.

OP
K31

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Odd. My hearing aids are warranty for 1 year against loss or damage and if I want to have them replaced after that I pay a (relatively) small fee for replacements.
Might want to talk to the sales person about that.

What I was told originally was that there was a one time replacement for $250 that I believe is good for two years (what they say is the useful life of the hearing aids). Since my biggest fear is that I'm going to drop them in front of one of the dogs who is then going to proceed to do the shark bite-to-test-if-this-is-edible test, I think I should save my one shot.

Latest Discussions