Anti Second Amendment groups and celebrities listed

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry guys...didn't make it out your way. If I had had a few more days I would have hit Yuma. Most of the time was up in Paulden, and my time was mostly scheduled for me.
But no worries, I'll be back out.
:)

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
AC_Pilot in bold:

I'm not answering individual questions to give happiness to antis on this site...

You've never answered any individual questions that we've asked on any other topic. Why start now?

Regards,

Steve

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
AC_Pilot in bold:

I'm not answering individual questions to give happiness to antis on this site...

You've never answered any individual questions that we've asked on any other topic. Why start now?

Regards,

Steve
From the top of his Posts:

AC_Pilot
Banned User

Dont think he will ever, based on that...

Gray Phoenix

Green Belt
Reaction score
Rights are never taken away, they are most often given freely. The "Well regulated" clause was never intended to be put into the 2nd. The whole point of the 2nd was to provide the people a protection from the very government they created.

For the record, having read previous posts, I dont care if someone owns a gun or not. I dont even care if they like guns or not. To me firearms are a tool. No different than a hammer. I can have just as much fun building/decontructing something with my hammer as I can with any one of my numerous firearms at a range.

The discord between ideologies comes from fear. One person fears another, so to reduce or remove that fear, you must take away the perceived power of the offender. A person with gun could weild power over life. This is a very frightening thing for some people. I believe that the fear is transferred from the offending person to the inanimate object because it is easier to control. Be it the loud noise, the horrors of war broadcast for all to see, the reason is superfilous, but people have grown to fear guns. It is a misplaced fear. I have dozens of firearms, not one has ever been used to kill anybody. I have registered "assault weapons". They are really fun things when used to kill paper. I had a kid a range walk up with his dad and ask me why I needed such a rifle, what could I use it for? I thought it rather obvious, as I was shooting it at a rifle range. My answer: I shoot it at a rifle range.

The anti gun groups true fear is of people they dont know or trust. This is why our country has passed an ever increasing level of regulation and restrictions on every facet of our lives. The gun issue is just another symptom of a much larger fear: anything that cant be controlled. Cars kill more people than guns. Evil does exist, and it has no intention of following the law. Yet we dont ban cars, and we tell people who would obey the law, not to fear for the Police will protect you.

Police are placebos. Sorry to all the cops our there, but I believe my first line of defense is myself. I never saw a homicide detective help the victim of a homicide. The didnt help either. It is illegal to kill, yet people kill.

You cant pass behavior modification laws, and expect evil to obey.

Bottom Line: To ban firearms would only serve those who would still have them anyway. It would alleviate a fear but the true problem would remain

Anywho its midnight and I'm rambling.

"From my cold dead hand!!!"

T

TonyM.

Curious. I'm familiar with all the names on the celebrity list and appreciate most of their work. That said as for consulting any of them for their opinions on weighty matters, there were only 23 people on the list I would even consider and none of them would have been first picks.

Latest Discussions