Anti-gay Muslim cries bias

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[h=1]Anti-gay Muslim cries bias[/h] By HELEN FREUND and LAURA ITALIANO
NY POST EXCERPT:

Last Updated: 1:38 AM, June 12, 2012
Posted: 1:38 AM, June 12, 2012
The NYPD wouldn’t hire him — because he is anti-gay, a Police Academy reject complains in a startling new discrimination lawsuit.
The would-be cop from Brooklyn — identified only as “Farhan Doe” — is a Muslim-American who believes homosexuality is a sin as a matter of religious principal, according to the suit.
Doe deserves to be in the NYPD, despite checking the “yes” box next to the question, “Do you believe that homosexuals should be locked up,” in 2009, when he applied, said his lawyer, Jerold Levine.

End Excerpt
This should be interesting. Who wins when two favored groups go head to head?

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doe deserves to be in the NYPD, despite checking the “yes” box next to the question, “Do you believe that homosexuals should be locked up,” in 2009, when he applied, said his lawyer, Jerold Levine.

Are you seriously going to defend this ****? Anyone who believes that people practicing legal behavior should be incarcerated has no business with a badge and gun.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
You would think not hiring him for answering yes on that question would be common sense. I have to ask, what does him being a Muslim have to do with this story? I see no relevence to the story at all, so why is it part of the title?

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You would think not hiring him for answering yes on that question would be common sense. I have to ask, what does him being a Muslim have to do with this story? I see no relevence to the story at all, so why is it part of the title?

Because it moves the story from "he's an asshat" to "religious persecution". Much cooler.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
End Excerpt
This should be interesting. Who wins when two favored groups go head to head?

In such instances, whoever makes the bigger legal threat and / or threat to the elected officials, will generally win.

Latest Discussions