Annyeong Hasseyo from South Korea!

smithy

White Belt
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post and say hi. I'm British and a newcomer to Taekwondo. I've been working and studying in Bucheon-si for 3 months now, but been living in Korea on and off for the last 4 years.

Anyway, I'm due to take my yellow belt in a few weeks, and I'm thoroughly loving my Taekwondo experience so far. Already feel like this is going to be something that stays with me for life.

Cheers,
Smithy

itf37

White Belt
Reaction score
Good luck in ur testing.& yes this will b a part of ur everyday life.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Glad you are enjoying your TKD. Are you studying at a Korean dojan? I remember the name Bucheon, but I don't recall where it is at.

OP
S

smithy

White Belt
Reaction score
Bucheon is south-west of Seoul, close to Incheon.

I had an interesting experience on Saturday. Master Yoon, the head of our Dojang, is friends with Professor Joo, who is a gold medal-winning coach of the Korean Olympic Taekwondo team, apparently. I met him, and us white belts had to do a kind of 'pre test' in front of him which was nerve-wracking to say the least!

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hello Smithy, and welcome to MT! We've got a lively group in the KMA threads.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bucheon is south-west of Seoul, close to Incheon.

I had an interesting experience on Saturday. Master Yoon, the head of our Dojang, is friends with Professor Joo, who is a gold medal-winning coach of the Korean Olympic Taekwondo team, apparently. I met him, and us white belts had to do a kind of 'pre test' in front of him which was nerve-wracking to say the least!

OK, as I said, I remembered the name but not where. We used to go to Inchon once in a while to visit some of my wife's relatives, or just to go to the fish market. I have seen Inchon on the Korean TV. It is not as I remember it! Of course, I haven't been there since 1987.

Nice you got to do a "pretest" with another Master/GM. It gets easier the more you do tests.

Latest Discussions