Animal abuser registry

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Odd how the Universe works sometimes huh? Just tonight I received a call from an old friend whom I use to sit with on an Animal Welfare commitee. I was quite active but the political aspects just burned me out. ( that and I caught myself eyeing the cops .40 Glocks in some bad abuse cases, thinking "ohhhh please, just one shot" ) Anyway there is an opening on the Board of Directors and they invited me to sit. The last few invitations I have received like this I have turned down, I just didn't feel either strong enough mentally or emotionaly but this thread reminded me that if I don't step up who will? Who will speak for the innocent who have no voice? who can not be heard, who suffer alone shivering in the cold and dark?

On to the Registry. Now abandoning an animal to die of thirst or starve to death because you lost your job? WTF? Most vets will put $.90 worth of euthenol in an animal to save it from that fate or deliver it to the local shelter. Now going into a Gas box isn't much better than dying of thirst but it IS better. I have Zero sympathy for people who abandon animals. Man up and have the animal put down if the situation is that dire. And if you have done it once who's to say you won't do it agian?

LIzzy Borden runs a puppy mill called Divine Canines. Dogs live outside in wire pens stacked 10 high. Bitches are bred every heat cycle till they don't have large live litters anymore. At that point they are likely shot or slammed against something hard and fed to the other dogs. Same for males. There is no protection from wind or rain or heat or flys. They feed as little as they can get away with and still keep the livestock producing. The puppies are listed as purebreds but are God-Knows what and are allways sick. The dogs don't get vet care at all, the cages get hosed out once a week, maybe. With the dogs and puppies inside. The wire cuts the feet and cripples both adults and puppies. Lizzy has a flashy Website and is a slick talker. She can get you whatever kind of puppy you want for your child's birthday or Christmas. It will be cute and fluffy and will melt your heart. And then the vet bills start and the temperment problems come up.

At some point there are enough complaints against Devine Cannines that it shuts down. For about a week. And reopens as Precious Pooches. Now if Lizzy Borden was the defendent and was registered, any animal related activity she touched would be treated with a health dose of warriness. Better, she would be banned from owning and trading in animals , period.

Lori

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Mein Gott I couldn't even finish one minute of it... didn't even get past the raccoons.
Evil people indeed... question ... anyone send this to PETA (for kicks... :uhyeah: )

People like that DO need to be taken care of (jail, harsh fines, whatever!) yet a registry isn't going to stop them from doing it again. While a lot of people don't care for animal abuse there are just as many who don't care one way or the other.
There's got to be a better way.