An open letter to undecided voters

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
However, the parties have platforms that contain marked differences. If your stances on abortion rights, marriage equality, and religion in the schools are strong and important to you, then you probably know already which way you'll have to vote to see those positions represented. There are exceptions, but we live in a time when the parties have staked out separate territory.

I disagree. I think we are told to believe that, but that the facts don't bear it out if you actually look at them. I cite this as a current example:

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/27/the_progressive_case_against_obama/

It seems to me, that if the information this Progressive Democrat presents in this article is accurate, all those things that "You" think (royal you, not Arni You) think about that (D) candidate "you" plan to vote for based on those Party Line Stances is pretty inaccurate. It should be about informed decision, past performance, and adherence to policy, not "Oooh my Party believes this so big (D) or (R) must also! My Vote is Cast!"

Certainly the PARTY might, as you say hold certain beliefs, but that doesn't mean the CANDIDATE does.

This is a good read regarding "Party Line Voting"

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/why-i-refuse-to-vote-for-barack-obama/262861/

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And yes, I realize both examples were about the Democrats/Obama, but IMO, could have been about a Republican incumbent just the same, if one were in office and had the same record... it's not about the party, despite the examples both being about Obama, they were just what I had on hand that I felt illustrated my meaning.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Dear Big Don, and those agreeing with him on this,

I'm an American citizen as much as you are, I have until November 6th to submit my ballot, and until that date I have as much a right to vote based on whatever qualification I decide on. I'm not going to defend my reasons for still not knowing who I'll vote for because, frankly, I don't need to.

In short, kindly piss off.

Signed,

Undecided