An Important Truth Remembered

OP
B

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
i'll tell a story.

i was 23 and up in the weight room at the dojo. just got the cd version of piece of mind (i had played the cassette to ribbons). i was pumping a little iron and listening to a little maiden.

about 10 minutes in, one of my fellow students drifted past the doorway on the way to get changed. he stopped, poked his head in, said 'dude, maiden!', sat down. we started jawing about the glory of true metal.

a few minutes later, another student drifts past. he comes back in a bit, says 'is that iron maiden?'. comes in, sits down, sets to jawing about the glory of true metal.

by class time, there were half a dozen of us in there.

damn but maiden rocks.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maiden definitely has a strong following. Everywhere you go, you see someone with a T-shirt. And Eddie, in all his incarnations, is always recognizable. It's pretty amazing.

OP
B

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with all of you, in that Iron Maiden kicks ***, however they wouldn't have kicked/are kicking *** without BLACK SABBATH!

sabbath kicks ***, but you know what kicks more *** than something that really kicks ***?

modern bands with modern recording technology covering sabbath....i.e. bruce dickenson's cover of sabbath bloody sabbath, faith no more hitting war pigs, megadeth doing paranoid....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sabbath kicks ***, but you know what kicks more *** than something that really kicks ***?

modern bands with modern recording technology covering sabbath....i.e. bruce dickenson's cover of sabbath bloody sabbath, faith no more hitting war pigs, megadeth doing paranoid....

Or Pantera doing Planet Caravan. :)

I'm not a huge fan of covers, but Sabbath covers just ROCK.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Iron Maiden kicks some serious ***.

Yes, it most certainly does. As a matter of fact, I just came back from their concert and while most of the songs were from the new album, which I haven't listened to well enough to remember the songs, the last songs were much more familiar: Fear of the Dark, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Iron Maiden and Hallowed Be Thy Name. Only thing that I didn't like in the concert was that it made me feel old: there were kids in the audience who weren't even a twinkle in their fathers' eyes when I started listening to Iron Maiden :D

Also Bruce Dickinson promised that when they return to Helsinki, in 2008 (if I understood correctly) they'll be playing the songs from Powerslave and Live After Death
A2-metal-up.gif

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Couple of pictures I took at the concert with my phone. Unfortunately the quality is not good :( That's Eddie on both pictures, just in case you didn't guess

Attachments

• $297551551_948c5f360c.jpg
    $297551551_948c5f360c.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 112
  • $297551815_28064af06c.jpg
    $297551815_28064af06c.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 123

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I picked up Brave New World yesterday, and Powerslave today, getting my collection and my Ipod up to speed again.

Latest Discussions