An Important Truth Remembered

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was going through some of my old stuff this weekend. Some truths seem so obvious when we're younger, and sometimes we forget those thruths as we age. Some seem less true after a few years more experience.

Some truths, though remain true no matter how old you are, no matter what experiences you have through life.

I was reminded of an important truth that I knew in high school and college, and had forgotten until this weekend. And this is one of those universal truths that will remain true to my grave...

Iron Maiden kicks some serious ***.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iron Maiden. I attribute a majority of my deafness to them. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Iron Maiden.... Bruce Dickinson.... singer of the song Iron Maiden

Oh Well, wherever, wherever you are,
Iron Maiden's gonna get you, no matter how far.

Never heard of em.

But now that the song 2 minutes to midnight is now coursing through my skull I think I will go out for a nice quiet walk with Eddie the monster and terrorize the countryside.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iron Maiden was / is great to lissen to

but I still listen to Pink Floyd's Dark side of the moon and the wall every day

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm guessing, somehow, some of this is Lisa's fault, too :D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not Jeff but he said

What was that Lisa?

I learned a long time ago you have to speak this way to maiden fans

Yeah, ain't it the truth! Wow, Jeff, your typing seems different somehow ;)

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with all of you, in that Iron Maiden kicks ***, however they wouldn't have kicked/are kicking *** without BLACK SABBATH!:bow: :bow:

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
yea... I was a big fan of Maiden, too.

Glad to hear they are back at it with Dickinson (even though I liked their first singer better: anybody remember their song "Wrathchild"? :))

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I And this is one of those universal truths that will remain true to my grave...

Iron Maiden kicks some serious ***.

Dude, this is really really funny that you posted this now. I used to listen to Iron Maiden when I was in high school and college. My tapes all wore out and I never got around to replacing them. My wife has been away for two weeks visiting her sister in London, and I was making a reassessment of our music collection. I just bought Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I gotta say, I still love those ones. I'll probably add some more later, Powerslave is another great one, but they're expensive.

I never listened to the ones that came after Seventh Son. What do you guys all think of the later discs?

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I liked Maiden and Quiet Riot a little. However I was big time into Slippery When Wet, Pyromania, and Hysteria, topped off with a dose of Appetite for Destruction.

OP
B

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dude, this is really really funny that you posted this now. I used to listen to Iron Maiden when I was in high school and college. My tapes all wore out and I never got around to replacing them. My wife has been away for two weeks visiting her sister in London, and I was making a reassessment of our music collection. I just bought Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I gotta say, I still love those ones. I'll probably add some more later, Powerslave is another great one, but they're expensive.

I never listened to the ones that came after Seventh Son. What do you guys all think of the later discs?

bruce left the band for a while, but came back for Brave New World. Those interim albums aren't so hot, but BNW was pretty okay.

If you want a heavy maiden fix without blowing a lot of cash, pick up Live After Death. It's got a lot of good cuts from Piece of Mind and earlier: Powerslave, Hallowed by thy Name, The Trooper...all the really great early maiden.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
bruce left the band for a while, but came back for Brave New World. Those interim albums aren't so hot, but BNW was pretty okay.

If you want a heavy maiden fix without blowing a lot of cash, pick up Live After Death. It's got a lot of good cuts from Piece of Mind and earlier: Powerslave, Hallowed by thy Name, The Trooper...all the really great early maiden.

Yeah, that was my take. I think I had Fear of the Dark for a while, but I just couldn't get into it. I thought there was a changeup in the band lineup, couldn't remember if Bruce had left or one of the guitarists, or something. But if they are back together again and making more, I'll probably check those ones out. I'll just check the band members on each disc, I guess.

I think I had a copy of Live after Death, good stuff, live concert versions of a lot of the older stuff. I'll have to gradually rebuild my collection again...