A very stupid food question

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
While I was making dinner tonight, my wife was looking through the refrigerator and noticed the left overs from when I fed the children lunch this afternoon. She asked me why I had so much of the Maccaroni and Cheese left over. And I told her that I wanted to have left overs. There are two reasons for this. First, it takes a lot less timeto heat up some left over Mac & Cheese for my daughter whenever she gets hungry (she is 4 and lives off the stuff). My other reason is that I prefer reheated Mac & Cheese to fresh. Is that crazy, or are there others out there like me? And not only Mac & Cheese. Are there other foods you think taste better the second time around?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pizza!!!!

Also anything that is slow-cooked is usually better the second time around - chili, pot roast, spaghetti sauce - things like that are usually better after they've had a time to sit and mellow.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
reheated mac & cheeze gets all curdly. yuck.

but anything with a good, spicy sauce will get more flavor the longer you let it sit.

plus, anything you leave in a real long time grows free antibiotics.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
plus, anything you leave in a real long time grows free antibiotics.

That is just wrong! :barf:

On a more positive note though. I have to go with a good spicy chili. Nothing makes for a better breakfast than a really spicy chili (hopefully with a chocolate habanero in it) and a cold Pepsi.

IRO-Bot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
While I was making dinner tonight, my wife was looking through the refrigerator and noticed the left overs from when I fed the children lunch this afternoon. She asked me why I had so much of the Maccaroni and Cheese left over. And I told her that I wanted to have left overs. There are two reasons for this. First, it takes a lot less timeto heat up some left over Mac & Cheese for my daughter whenever she gets hungry (she is 4 and lives off the stuff). My other reason is that I prefer reheated Mac & Cheese to fresh. Is that crazy, or are there others out there like me? And not only Mac & Cheese. Are there other foods you think taste better the second time around?

I quite prefer Mac & Cheese the second time around. It has better texture. There are other foods, I just can't think of them.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone who said chili, I'm right there with ya.

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Try frying the leftover mac n' cheese...way better than microwaving it. I know it sounds weird but go old-fashioned and pull the frying pan out;).

Tarot

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Second day mac 'n cheese rocks and I'll take mine cold not reheated. :D But it has to be home made, none of that box stuff.

And I love fried chicken the next day. I'll take that cold too please!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that is just weird, next you will tell me you like it with catsup.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Definitely on Mac & cheese the 2nd day. Cold Pizza & milk after a night of partying is a cure-all as well (especially sicillian style pizza). *nods*

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pizza!!!!

Also anything that is slow-cooked is usually better the second time around - chili, pot roast, spaghetti sauce - things like that are usually better after they've had a time to sit and mellow.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Lasagna, white sauce pastas and many other Italian foods, too. Calzones. Mmmm.

And stew.

Latest Discussions