An appeal to the administers regarding JKD

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have started to read many posts in the JKD section, and I am appalled that there is mention of kali, silat, FMA, inosanto, vunak in the JKD. All of these posts should be removed and placed in the correct catogory of FMA or MMA.
I have nothing against this arts but the constant promotion of these arts on the back of JKD is in fact a cult brainwashing movement.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have started to read many posts in the JKD section, and I am appalled that there is mention of kali, silat, FMA, inosanto, vunak in the JKD. All of these posts should be removed and placed in the correct catogory of FMA or MMA.
I have nothing against this arts but the constant promotion of these arts on the back of JKD is in fact a cult brainwashing movement.

You've been here 15 days, posted about star signs and now you want to re-arrange the site and are accusing people of brain washing. Nice going.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No art is isolated from all others. I've mentioned aiki arts in the TKD section. We are in the middle of psychology in the self-defense section.

This is a group of very knowledgeable people. Do you really wish to impose some limitation that they can only bring a narrow piece of their knowledge to any one discussion? Very bad idea.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

My goodness, Bruce's original students (Inosanto), influences on some of the expressions of JKD (concepts), such as the Filipino methodologies, and big names in the art (Vunak) are all being mentioned as being relevant in threads about, well, JKD… cause they're all related or specifically part of it… well, who'd a thunk it, eh?

EDIT: Oh, and while we're appealing to the admins, might just do that with your profile pic… not sure that's within the boundaries of the rules you agreed to when signing up…

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No art is isolated from all others. I've mentioned aiki arts in the TKD section. We are in the middle of psychology in the self-defense section.

This is a group of very knowledgeable people. Do you really wish to impose some limitation that they can only bring a narrow piece of their knowledge to any one discussion? Very bad idea.
I don't wish to impose limitation. I just require a correct categorization of the martial arts.

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-25_17-7-39.jpeg
    upload_2016-8-25_17-7-39.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 445

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Come on, guys. This forum is for Jeet Kun Do. Martial arts that are actually Jeet Kun Do. Not just what someone thinks is Jeet Kun Do.

Seriously. I'm shocked at you guys! :eek: :D

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
EDIT: Oh, and while we're appealing to the admins, might just do that with your profile pic… not sure that's within the boundaries of the rules you agreed to when signing up…
Yes, my profile picture has removed my head! (not my fault!)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have been in martial arts for over 40 years and I am not a JKD guy, I would be if the school had not moved. I trained it only briefly and I was rather impressed with what I trained. And what I trained is solidly on the Original side of the JKD fence; My teacher was a student of Jerry Poteet. However Dan Inosanto is, IMO, teaching his version of JKD (Concepts) and he has earned the right to call it what he wants. Admittedly it is not my cup of tea, I like the original side of the fence, but I have a lot of respect for those that train on the concepts side, and they are all JKD

And to even suggest removing discussions about Dan Inosanto in the JKD is just plain silly and I am, in this situation , going to write it off as youthful folly not to be taken seriously

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Inosanto is a kali man and should be in the FMA section there are three catogories in that section and only one JKD section. Inosanto did JKD in 1964. and then abandoned it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just found this.....

Also in the school I trained in, the teacher separated Jun Fan and JKD. Jun Fan he called a bachelors degree and JKD the Masters degree. I called JKD Wing Chun on Steroids. I also have a little (very little) background in Wing Chun too

and I have to admit, I would have loved training with Guru Dan in my youth if I had the chance

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You Chris and pigsmith should get on like a house on fire.

D

Dylan9d

Amd what is real JKD then according to you? Please answer so I know if I should take you serious or not.....most likely NOT with such a profile pic

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amd what is real JKD then according to you? Please answer so I know if I should take you serious or not.....most likely NOT with such a profile pic

and a quote on her profile saying 'playing the field'. ;)

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
he is not going to abandon his meal ticket. Jun Fan is the key - he teaches jun fan, then says, it is good to learn wing chun, then he says, try this kali out, see how simalar it is to wing chun, try this knife fighting out, then all of a sudden one is twirling sticks like a clown in the circus with a 20 year road to nowhere!:vomit:

Latest Discussions