America officially becomes a dictatorship

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The bill also retroactively gives Bush, the Neo-Cons or any of their henchmen immunity from war crimes charges dating back to September 11 . Ask yourself why they would be so careful to protect themselves from accusations of war crimes.

Could that possibly be because they are knowingly committing war crimes?

Well, of course.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen in 2008. Will the current sitting president actually allow the elections or will they be determined to be unsafe as a risk of terrorism?

I wonder if the next sitting president will actually continue or will approach this as things to be corrected?

Will the Supreme Court ever step up and do their duty as laid out in the U.S. Constitution?

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen in 2008. Will the current sitting president actually allow the elections or will they be determined to be unsafe as a risk of terrorism?

I wonder if the next sitting president will actually continue or will approach this as things to be corrected?

Will the Supreme Court ever step up and do their duty as laid out in the U.S. Constitution?

God only knows what will happen next...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, a number of people, including myself, have been wondering this exact same point. Sadly.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nah.. it's still a "Wealth-ocracy" like it's always been.

(I'm sure there is a real word for the above... too lazy to find it)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Granted. Remember to fill out form V-0 31T and send it in with your fee.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score

The justice system within the United States has done a very good job in checking Presidential authority. The issue is that the wheels of justice grind slowly when compared to power grabs by the administration.

I believe there have been four seperate cases in which the US Supreme Court has ruled against President Bush and his administration.

In at least one case, the President withdrew the case from the court system, and changed the venue to avoid the Supreme Court making a ruling against the administration.

Sadly, the Rubber Stamp Congress has rolled over. When the Supreme Court had ruled that President does not have a power asserted, because there is no law stating so ... the Republican Congress, at the President's request, writes a law that asserts that power for the President; such as the elimination of Habeaus.

This, too, will probably be overturned in the Court System - hell, its only 800 years worth of legal tradition - but it will take a few years before it gets there.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OP
B

bustr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't like this article. They take alot of legitimate criticisms and lay it alongside a bunch of ********...so that the end result is that it all looks like ********.

Could it be possible for American citizens to "disappear" because of new laws? Yes. Are we to the point of killing babies and torturing children? Absolutely not.

Some people...

If you have time could you elaborate? I try not to post tainted info but some things are too time-consuming to analyze myself.

Thanks

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All I know I want the new dictatorship to do something about medication, me and my 27 personality need all of our medicine just not the ones on the aprove list.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
s'funny... I thought one of the perks of having a dictatorship was being able to put a bullet in the head of those who criticize you. Yet when I drove to work today I noticed that the Code Pinko ladies had put pink dye in one of the prominent fountains in the city. Stupid Chimpy can't even get a dictatorship right.

TonyMac

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The real damage happened in 1947 with the national security act. Since 1949 the national security council has been the real government of the U.S. despite whatever dog and pony show is presented on Nov.7th.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The real damage happened in 1947 with the national security act. Since 1949 the national security council has been the real government of the U.S. despite whatever dog and pony show is presented on Nov.7th.

Do you mean the United Nations Security Council or the US Security Council?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
s'funny... I thought one of the perks of having a dictatorship was being able to put a bullet in the head of those who criticize you. Yet when I drove to work today I noticed that the Code Pinko ladies had put pink dye in one of the prominent fountains in the city. Stupid Chimpy can't even get a dictatorship right.
... Or it could be that October is international Breast Cancer awareness month, and pink is the representative color for the cause. I'm not sure if that was a veiled attmempt at sarcasm or you were being serious. :idunno:

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Code Pinko? That's what you call an organization of women against the war? Very nice.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Code Pinko? That's what you call an organization of women against the war? Very nice.

Yeah, it's the You Disagree With Me, Therefore You Are An Anti-American Communist argument. A true classic.

Laterz.

Latest Discussions