America officially becomes a dictatorship

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
... Or it could be that October is international Breast Cancer awareness month, and pink is the representative color for the cause. I'm not sure if that was a veiled attmempt at sarcasm or you were being serious. :idunno:

It was sarcasm. Didn't think it was terribly veiled. My apologies for not making that more clear.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Code Pinko? That's what you call an organization of women against the war? Very nice.

Yeah, it's the You Disagree With Me, Therefore You Are An Anti-American Communist argument. A true classic.

Laterz.

Yeah, very nice. Kinda like being called a fascist, a nazi, a warmonger, a murderer, a babykiller, a racist, an imperial stormtrooper, a redneck, a sheeple, a Rovebot, and a wingnut for the last 5 years. Did you go through and tag as offensive all the "Amerikkka is fashists" posts, or just the ones you disagree with? I expressed an opinion the same as everybody else.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, very nice. Kinda like being called a fascist, a nazi, a warmonger, a murderer, a babykiller, a racist, an imperial stormtrooper, a redneck, a sheeple, a Rovebot, and a wingnut for the last 5 years. Did you go through and tag as offensive all the "Amerikkka is fashists" posts, or just the ones you disagree with?

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I can most certainly claim with a straight face that I have not once in my life referred to someone as "a fascist, a nazi, a warmonger, a murderer, a babykiller, a racist, an imperial stormtrooper, a redneck, a sheeple, a Rovebot, [or] a wingnut" in the context of a political discussion.

I think it's unbecoming and dumbs down the debate. Of course, I also think referring to those that see the world differently than you as "pinkos" or "commies" is also unbecoming and dumbs down the debate.

Then again, maybe that's the difference between you and myself.

I expressed an opinion the same as everybody else.

Personally, I love this line of argumentation. Namely, the insinuation that because one's position is an "opinion", it is therefore immune to criticism or cross-examination. Delightful.

So, then, when someone gives you their opinion of your opinion (which seems to be the case here), do you still maintain their intellectual immunity, as well??

Laterz.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't know about anybody else, but I can most certainly claim with a straight face that I have not once in my life referred to someone as "a fascist, a nazi, a warmonger, a murderer, a babykiller, a racist, an imperial stormtrooper, a redneck, a sheeple, a Rovebot, [or] a wingnut" in the context of a political discussion.

Me neither.

BTW, Code Pink is just regular American women (and men), mothers, grandmothers, working women who just don't want to see any more mothers' children die, and would prefer that our resources be directed to education and health. They hold educational forums, host anti-war speakers and book reviews, demonstrate, publicize the "opt out" provision of the No Child Left Behind Act. I don't think I ever met a commie pinko at a Code Pink meeting, and I've been to a few, since I'm a member.

BTW, sayng you disagree with Code Pink is an opinion. Calling the organization "Code Pinko" is an insult.

Latest Discussions