Alternate name for a twist stance

BallistikMike

Green Belt
Reaction score
I agree with Doc.

Every single stance out there is based off of the "Horse Stance" that has any merit in actual hand to hand fighting. <--- my words not Doc's I just said I agree with him :)

1/2 Horse right and left (Forward Bow or Reverse Bow)

Twist Stance I have also heard it being called a Twisted Horse or a Wind Up Horse.

A neutral bow is a horse stance, with a differnt angle and mind set then the training horse.

Look at a western boxer's stance, then look at how they used to stand in the old photo's of the bare knuckle bouts. :)

"A stance is just a moment in time frozen" one of my favorite sayings. A little help on who quoted it otherwise I claim it LOL :)

That being said how does a cat stance become a cat stance or a wide kneel become a wide kneel? Transitioning through your horse stance during movement is how! With someone snapping a picture or starting a training session from it.

Stances are just points of reference.

Note - Be advised I am just a student and always will be. Things I say and take for truths today may not be 2 mos, 2 years or 2 decades from now. It is the level I am at now and I am just stating what I know now. However little or however much that is in relationship to your own knowledge please take it with a grain of salt or sugar. What ever your taste is. :)

M

monkey-a-go-go

Look at a western boxer's stance, then look at how they used to stand in the old photo's of the bare knuckle bouts. :)
The old bare knuckle stances, hand strikes and even throws are very similar to karate- BallistikMike is that what you have found also? I know back to twist stance lol.

Z

ZKenpo

One way you could also describe a Twist stance is, one half of a crossover.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
*wonders what a twist stance is*

I'm a tracy's kenpo girl, never heard of this stance by any of the names listed.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Samantha said:
*wonders what a twist stance is*

I'm a tracy's kenpo girl, never heard of this stance by any of the names listed.
It's in the Tracy's system. You'll run into it sooner or later, never fear :) .

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
haha - the I have to pee stance - I had my 2nd degree brown belt friend describe it to me on the phone, and that's exactly what I said

Latest Discussions