Alanis Morrissett

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I saw that the other day. That is funny as hell. That song is so ****ing stupid it was begging to be parodied. I'm surprised that Weird Al hasn't gotten their first.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's the second time this week I've seen a satirical treatment of that song. It was also in Blades of Glory.

Gads, the kids used to runa around singing it all the time and it drove me mad.

Kudos to Alanis.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the most annoying current pop songs, sung by one of the most annoying pop singers. What's next, Celine Dion doing the Macarena?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ROFL!!!

I have to admit...I liked it. Have no clue what its from, but I like her voice.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ROFL!!!

It's a Black Eyed Peas song ... heavy dance beat to it. Ms. Morrissette sings the exact lyrics but at a tempo that you can hear them, and with out the drum machine to distract you.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ROFL!!!

The song is 'My Hump' from Black-eyed Peas. Atotally too much hip-hop song that infiltrated the minds of our youth a year or so ago.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Very funny. Thanks for sharing.

I liked BEP's 'Where is the Love', but not much from them since.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the most annoying current pop songs, sung by one of the most annoying pop singers. What's next, Celine Dion doing the Macarena?

THANK YOU.

Allanis is still pissed off that in the 80's they made her play the part of that little boy Allistair on "You cant do that on Television"

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
THANK YOU.

Allanis is still pissed off that in the 80's they made her play the part of that little boy Allistair on "You cant do that on Television"

Didn't playing God in "Dogma" more than make up for that? She hasn't been so angsty since. ;)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Cryozombie said:
THANK YOU.

LOL! I know, I know. But she has grown on me and I really like her now. I guess it helped knowing some of her background, I started seeing her in a different light.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! I know, I know. But she has grown on me and I really like her now. I guess it helped knowing some of her background, I started seeing her in a different light.
I'm honestly surprised she has fans. I'd have thought they all would have slit their wrists by now after listening to that whiny voice. It may even be more annoying than Robert Smith from The Cure.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
THANK YOU.

Really? I didn't know that! I loved that show!

Great parody video- thanks for sharing!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Really? I didn't know that! I loved that show!

Great parody video- thanks for sharing!

She was one of the Girls on the show, she wasn't really Allistair... I just use that as a joke.

Didn't playing God in "Dogma" more than make up for that? She hasn't been so angsty since.

No. Worst part of that movie. Thank god she kept her mouth shut. And thank you for reminding me I owe Kevin Smith a Kick in the Balls for that next time I see him.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She was one of the Girls on the show, she wasn't really Allistair... I just use that as a joke.

Hmmmm...I didn't know about that show. I thought she just hit the scene in music. Interesting...very interesting.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She was big in Canada first, wasn't she? 80's cheese music? Anyway ...

I think the video was supposed to wake girls up as to what exactly they're listening to. My girl has said many times that she rarely pays attention to the words, it's the beat she loves.

Latest Discussions