AKKI goes NHB

K

Kenpo Yahoo

Hey guys I just thought some of you might be interested in this:

Alan Jacob
I just got back home from a great fight night. One of our black belts Mike Mandell (trains under Mr. Josh Lannon)is competing in the NHB tournament in Salt Lake City. Mike dispatched his opponent early on after he weakened his knees on some solid strikes to the head and then finished him out with one of our Guillotine techniques.

We had over 20 AKKI members/blackbelts there for support of Mike and we had a ball. Mike fights next weekend on Sat night to advance to the finals.
Great job Mike.
Josh Lannon
Wow, thanks guys. Mike Mandel had a great fight and won by a TKO after his opponent could not continue after the first round. The funny part is that, at the end of the first round we were working on Mike in the corner, the judge came over and tapped me on the shoulder and said that Mike’s opponent doesn’t look like he is going to be continuing. As we looked over, he was still flat on his back almost one minute after the first round had ended. His corner and the medical crew were working on him.

Mike has been working hard for this tournament (as he always does) and we will keep everyone informed on next weeks semi finals fight. What was nice is that we have not had to change our training curriculum or routine for this tournament. If anything, we talked more about what he could not do with the NHB rules regarding our AKKI techniques, ha.

I would also like to thanks Mr. Mills for his guidance and help for this fight. We had a lot of the fighters and corner people talk to us before the fight and mention that they had known or heard of Mr. Mills, with nothing but good things to say. We were taken back because these were no holds barred wrestlers and grapples and they were showing us and the AKKI technical respect. The brotherhood among the fighters was great to see and we look forward to continuing to fight.

If you guys are interested or want more information go to their web site at http://www.ultimatecombat.com.

Josh Lannon

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
SWEET!!!!!
Did anyone video this????
PLEASE????
Love to see the Guillotine (sp?) techs stretch somone out and tuck them in for the night!!!

Your Brother
John

OP
K

Kenpo Yahoo

I thought this was pretty cool. Mike is a real nice guy. I've had the opportunity to work out with him a couple of times at the Vegas camps. I too was hoping that Mr. Jacobs or Mr. Lannon got video of the fight.

The guillotine techniques are pretty brutal, especially if you consider that the guys teaching him the finer points of these tehniques (Mr. Lannon, Mr. Jacobs, Mr. Mills) have each used them numerous times while bouncing or in various street skirmishes.

I'll have to give those guys a call or shoot 'em an email to get a few more details.

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey J,
Let us know if there any clips or video for this. I'd love to see it!!! I haven't met Mike as of yet, but I've been worked on by Mr. Lannon, Mr. Jacob, and Mr. Mills (OWWW!) and would love to see some of the guillotines applied outside of the street environment.
Sean
AKKI CT

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats AWESOME!!!!!!! Definately, if anyone can get some footage, please post it!!

Mike

Latest Discussions