Tiger and Crane

I

InvisibleFist

Is the Kempo "Tiger and Crane" form the same as the Hung Gar form of the same name?

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Couldn't tell anything about the Hung Gar form. What I can tell you was just the other day, sifu started showing us this form called Tiger and Crane. First Tiger, Step left foot forward and check, then right reverse punch, Left punch with a right foot step thru (akward), Outward block and anther punch, can't remember. Then we started on Crane. It is the opposite of Tiger and they are done with a partner. We didn't get very far but it was fun. Would like to work it somemore.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It appears to be essentially the same form, though there are some stylistic differences. These appear, I understand, between different lineages of Hung Gar as well. The most striking difference I've seen between the Kenpo TC and the Hung Gar TC (as depicted in Bucksam Kong's book on the form), is that while the Kenpo version starts on the left side, the Hung Gar version starts on the right.

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody have the form written down anywhere? I've been searching for it, but no luck.

Latest Discussions