Airports Still Have Security Issues

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43738969/ns/us_news-security/

WASHINGTON — It has been almost 10 years since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, and U.S. airports still are not as secure as they need to be. More than 14,000 people have found their way into sensitive areas, and about 6,000 travelers have made it past government screeners without proper scrutiny, according to a congressman who is leading an inquiry into the deficiencies.

Since November 2001, more than 25,000 security breaches have occurred at U.S. airports, despite the extra security measures put in place over the past 9 ½ years, said Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz, citing government statistics. That is an average of slightly more than five security breaches a year at each of the 457 commercial airports, and "these are just the ones we know about," said Chaffetz, who is overseeing a congressional hearing Wednesday on security shortcomings. "I think it's a stunningly high number."

Why am I not surprised to read about this.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
25,000 KNOWN breaches.

Hey real cop type people.

What's the ratio between known and unknown?

1:1 would double it. 1:2 would triple it. 1:3 quadruple it.

TSA's stats for 2011 would see them stopping an estimated 300-350 people this year. (6/wk as based on recent weekly stats provided by the TSA).
out of millions flying each year.

Billions spent, thousands harassed, and still no safer than 9-10-01.

Great job. /sarcasm

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm considering a sub-section.....and separate site.

Latest Discussions