Ailing Hapkido MA'ist arrested trying to find Bin Laden...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/15/colorado-mans-mission-kill-bin-laden-hurrah/

Colorado Man's Mission to Kill Bin Laden Is 'Last Hurrah'

By Joseph Abrams
Published June 15, 2010
| FOXNews.com
An ailing American on a solo mission to kill Usama bin Laden was going for his "last hurrah" when he flew to Pakistan to hunt the master terrorist, but he was detained by Pakistani police before he found his prey.
Gary Brooks Faulkner, a 50-year-old construction contractor from Colorado, was picked up in a remote forest near the Pakistan/Afghanistan border carrying a pistol, a 40-inch sword and night-vision equipment, according to Pakistani police.
Though he never served in the military or had combat training, Faulkner is in "great shape" and has been trained in hapkido, a Korean martial art, his brother told FoxNews.com.

Well, *somebody* has to do it. I'm kind of surprised he didn't get killed by the local militia groups, though.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Apparently, both of them (bin Laden and Faulkner) are in need of frequent kidney dialysis. Perhaps they could meet up at the clinic and go for it? Mano-a-mano with waiting room furniture and old magazines?

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
His brother is apparently a doctor and says he has no signs of mental illness. He's just a determined guy...

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/detained-osama-hunter-gary-faulkner-good-spirits/story?id=10931145

Martin said Faulkner was not trained in any way for a seek and destroy mission and had no military training, though he had been to the region before. Faulkner's brother Scott said he was trained in martial arts and a sword and dagger were his "weapons of choice."

Scott Faulkner told CNN Tuesday his brother is "highly intelligent" and "has not forgotten what Osama has done to this country."
"I think probably every family member out there has a non-traditional family member," Martin said. "Ours is just maybe more newsworthy than some sometimes."

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Well, "unreachable star" or not--if I had a terminal illness and knew my doom was pretty much spoken in the near future....I'd want to go out doing something worth doing, even if not this particular type of thing.

He's not going crazy, he's going sane in a crazy world.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Considering, all the military manpower and technology of dozens of states can’t find the little ****er, send in the bounty hunters. $50 million should be one hell of a motivation for someone to find him.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
His brother is apparently a doctor and says he has no signs of mental illness. He's just a determined guy...

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/detained-osama-hunter-gary-faulkner-good-spirits/story?id=10931145

No signs of mental illness..........OTHER than wandering around Afghanistan and Pakistan, armed with a pistol, a knife and a sword, looking for Osama bin Laden.

Of course if he found bin Laden he wouldn't seem so crazy, I suppose, so who knows........maybe crazy is what is called for sometimes.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score
He might be cut out of the same cloth as men like Walter Raliegh or John Smith, Private men (Who had letteras of Marque, but were civillians) who did great things for their Nations.

or he might be a loon.

But he has a death sentence allready so why not?

I think the Govt. should print out letters of Marque and Fire and Sword and let people give it a shot. ON THEIR OWN though.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, "unreachable star" or not--if I had a terminal illness and knew my doom was pretty much spoken in the near future....I'd want to go out doing something worth doing, even if not this particular type of thing.

Is there an adult version of The Make-A-Wish Foundation?

Disco

Green Belt
Reaction score
See!, this is what happens when you get thrown around too much.....:lfao:

You gotta watch out for us Hapkido guys........ya never know whenn we just might flip out!!!!..............:knight:

Latest Discussions