Aikido vs. suspect seated in car

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 34973

Also, I will say this, just wanting the person out of the car, is not a viable excuse to yank out anyone. An explanation is needed, otherwise, it simply one human being assaulting another.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, but you are putting it in a very narrow frame. LEO are put in very, very different circumstances from the average person. It would not be unheard of for them to deal with people who Need to come out of a car for their own safety but refuse to for various reasons.
It would be wrong for anyone to yank a person out of a car for no reason.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Brian,

Thank you for your very comprehensive reply! Some of the points you made were indeed brought up at the training, such as using fixed surfaces as pivot points for armbars. You are also quite right in the sheer number of factors to consider! I work law enforcement part time, and my jurisdiction (a military base) is quite small, and people are generally smart enough to not try anything with us. As a result, I have less practical experience than many civilian LEOs do... Especially around vehicles!

Awesome, and thank you for your service Oni_Kadaki. Do you have access to a motor pool and have good relationship with the personal running it? Get some older vehicles (that wont mind a new dent or three) and get a training partner or two and get to exploring. Get the DVD I referenced above and try things out. Use it for a starting point then add from your own experience and your training partners experiences for testing and exploration. Find a few things that work for you. The moving in and around vehicles and escaping from vehicles portion on the DVD is very good information for anyone that spends a lot of time in vehicles, especially those that do so during bad weather conditions or at great speed.
Regards
Brian King

D

Deleted member 34973

Maybe, but who determines "their own safety" I ask because this statement is very vague. I am not saying there are not reasons to do such a thing, but there literally hundreds of videos of people being yanked out, due to the fact that the Officer present, is just pissed at a person for exercising a right.

This is why an explanation is required. And, the very reason why some officers have been ambushed and killed.

People are just getting tired of these tactics, they really cause more harm than good.

One more thing, these officers put themselves in these situations. They are not necessarily put into them.

Things have got to change and I think they are. More corrupt police are being jailed, more often than not these days and that is a good thing.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe, but who determines "their own safety" I ask because this statement is very vague. I am not saying there are not reasons to do such a thing, but there literally hundreds of videos of people being yanked out, due to the fact that the Officer present, is just pissed at a person for exercising a right.

This is why an explanation is required. And, the very reason why some officers have been ambushed and killed.

People are just getting tired of these tactics, they really cause more harm than good.

One more thing, these officers put themselves in these situations. They are not necessarily put into them. Don't make it sound like that is the officers fault. You do remember the motto on the side of most patrol cars don't you? To Protect & Serve. That says it all.

Things have got to change and I think they are. More corrupt police are being jailed, more often than not these days and that is a good thing.
I feel you have a very biased attitude toward LEO. It would seem you have either had your own bad experience(s) with the law, really have no idea what you are talking about or what they do on a day to day basis.
I have seen some of the videos you mention. The majority of them do not give the viewer enough information to understand what is going on. Most of them don't even have sound so who are we to conclude what is going on? As with most things in life, a few bad cops have made it very hard for the millions of officers worldwide to do their job. Don't forget a very large portion of the people they deal with are involved in violent crimes.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

One more thing, these officers put themselves in these situations. They are not necessarily put into them.

To a certain degree.

It is within the scope of their duties. So we can go in to the ins and outs of reasons to drag someone. I have done drunk drivers. And the occasional shop lifter.

I imagine police would need to arrest people. Unlicensed drivers, actual felons they have served warrants on and such.

But need them out of the car when they don't want to be out of the car pretty much covers the mechanical reasons.

D

Deleted member 34973

I feel you have a very biased attitude toward LEO. It would seem you have either had your own bad experience(s) with the law, really have no idea what you are talking about or what they do on a day to day basis.
I have seen some of the videos you mention. The majority of them do not give the viewer enough information to understand what is going on. Most of them don't even have sound so who are we to conclude what is going on? As with most things in life, a few bad cops have made it very hard for the millions of officers worldwide to do their job. Don't forget a very large portion of the people they deal with are involved in violent crimes.

Not bias, an accounting, it is my duty and obligation as a citizen to keep a close eye on government officials.

I actually have a few friends in Law Enforcement, guys I went grade school with.

And, a few bad citizens, in Law Enforcement eyes, have made every free man woman and child, a suspect.

It is true that I personally have no use for them, that is not because of a bad experience, I just do not support their ideology.

It is bias, if I steal from a store, it is a criminal matter, if a store steals from me, it is a civil matter...that is a text book example of being bias.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Man, I am getting seriously offended in this thread. Somebody should lock this f'king thing up.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please keep politics out of the discussions, per the user guidelines. There are more appropriate forums for those discussions. Any continued political comments may result in a locked thread and/or warnings and points to members.

D

Deleted member 34973

This thread has made me realize, that it is imperative, to train people to defend themselves against these types of techniques.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sometimes people have to be removed from where they are.

Last time I did it, it was a matter of removing someone who was trying to block a foreign country's Consulate General's vehicle from moving. Which is a very big deal. The guy was just being a dick, he didn't even have a political motivation, he just had a buzz. But out he came, didn't get hurt, just scraped his elbow when he came out. But his eyes sure did get big while it happened.

Worked like a charm.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This thread has made me realize, that it is imperative, to train people to defend themselves against these types of techniques.

I'm curious, so I will ask. What specifically are you going to train people to do to defend themselves from these kinds of techniques?

Regards

D

Deleted member 34973

I'm curious, so I will ask. What specifically are you going to train people to do to defend themselves from these kinds of techniques?

Regards
I am unable to comment, on this post due to the fact that my responses are seen as negative, and then marked as political.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is true that I personally have no use for them, that is not because of a bad experience, I just do not support their ideology.

I assume, given the context, that you are saying you have no need for the police.

So that would mean that if your car was stolen, you'd just say "meh" and write it off without calling the police?

Or if you or a loved one were assaulted, you'd not bother calling the police because hey, these things happen?

Or myriad other crimes against you or someone else, you'd just ignore it because the ideology of having a police force is something you disagree with?

if a store steals from me

Huh? What now?

I've never seen a supermarket walk into someone's house and remove stuff, or pick their pockets. How do you define a store stealing from you?

D

Deleted member 34973

I assume, given the context, that you are saying you have no need for the police.

So that would mean that if your car was stolen, you'd just say "meh" and write it off without calling the police?

Or if you or a loved one were assaulted, you'd not bother calling the police because hey, these things happen?

Or myriad other crimes against you or someone else, you'd just ignore it because the ideology of having a police force is something you disagree with?

Huh? What now?

I've never seen a supermarket walk into someone's house and remove stuff, or pick their pockets. How do you define a store stealing from you?
Again, I can not answer questions from this thread, as my answers are seen and will be seen as political.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions