Aikido need not prove itself! Part 2

Jaz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys, after the first video, I got loads of comments that I wanted to address. It involves certain things such the use of the term "Sensei" and has a brief look at Yoshinkan and Shodokan Aikido. Let me know what you think.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think functional martial arts don't need to have arguments for their functionality presented as the results speak for themselves.

Anarax

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys, after the first video, I got loads of comments that I wanted to address. It involves certain things such the use of the term "Sensei" and has a brief look at Yoshinkan and Shodokan Aikido. Let me know what you think.

Nice video, great job keeping it positive and friendly.

I agree with how some martial artist are trying to delegitimize Rokas by attacking him opposed to addressing his points. Rokas was an instructor and operated his own Aikido dojo, he has every right to criticize an art he put years into.

I've left numerous arts and have switched, swapped and continued training in several arts. I think many martial artists reach a point and self-evaluate what and how they're training. We either move onto different things that we feel is more in line with what we're looking for or continue with what we're doing.

Reactions: Jaz

Elfwink

White Belt
Reaction score
Really glad that you are stepping up responding to challenges put out by martial arts enthusiasts.

I don't view aikido as a tool for fighting at all. Never have.

Reactions: Jaz