Afforable Mook Jong Body

StormShadow

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been conducting some research, looking into purchasing free standing wooden/pvc dummy. Of course I prefer a wooden one but I don't not want to pay $700-1000 for dummy. I was looking at the plans to create one, and I can likely do it with time but I it would be a long lasting project. Anyone know where you can get a six foot wooden body the dimensions of a mook jong? Or am I better off making a pvc one and if so where would I the pvc piping? I am also interested in hearing if any of you know of affordable mook jong's or a place where you could possible make payments on one? Thanks in advance!

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Try contacting a lumber yard and see if they sell posts. You can get them in 6 or 8 inch diameters in about 6-8 foot lengths to cut to your needs. If you have a local woodworker, give him the plans and have him make the arms/legs for you.

Here is an example of a lumber place.
http://www.americanpoleandtimber.com/prod_posts.shtml

Even your local home depot type store (Lowes, Menard's, Home Depot) will special order posts like these for you.

OP
StormShadow

StormShadow

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. I am going to look into it... The only part of assembling the dummy that concerns me is creating the cut out squares for the arms and legs. I really have no experience in pure wood working.