Adapting the basics for other arts?

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've always been interested in the internal aspects of martial arts training. However, I've never had any formal experience with it. My background is in FMA, but to date, I haven't consciously encountered it in my training.

I wanted to know if there was a common practice or concept behind learining how to cultivate it, and apply it to different martial arts.

Anyone?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't know, since it is Friday after all and my brain tends to shutdown on Fridays and not quite sure what you are asking.

But I have seen an internal aspect of Sanda even though Sanda claims no internal or Qi training. But then I am not sure I would have noticed it at all if I have not had prior Internal CMA training.

It also may depend on what your definition of internal is.

Simple basic; stay relaxed and get the power from your root to your waist and your waist directs that to wherever you want that power to go.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help, but one of my peers in the FMAs tells me that the push hands from Tai Chi helps with his Mono-mono. However, I don't have any personal experience to pass on.