AAU & USAT - Mike Frielo

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had anyone heard about the breakup already from Mike Frielo and the AAU over the USAT way of doing things. Is this a bad thing for the Athletes from both orgs? Can it be patch up? What do you think should be done over this matter?
Terry

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I heard about this on TKD Net list. I am not an AAU member so I may be biased, but I think that the USAT is evolving into an organization for elite athletes only. The AAU will be for those who enjoy competing but do not wish to be representing the country nationally.

Is this good or bad? Only time will tell-on one hand, athletes still have the opportunity to compete at both of the levels I mentioned above. I just feel bad for those are caught in the middle....

Miles

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Miles said:
I heard about this on TKD Net list. I am not an AAU member so I may be biased, but I think that the USAT is evolving into an organization for elite athletes only. The AAU will be for those who enjoy competing but do not wish to be representing the country nationally.

Is this good or bad? Only time will tell-on one hand, athletes still have the opportunity to compete at both of the levels I mentioned above. I just feel bad for those are caught in the middle....

Miles

Miles the only problem I see is the USAT will only notice what the believe to be elites or atleast the parents that can aford to keep the childern in all there programs. which does not include middle or low class athletes.
The new USAT is just another USTU whichis there for making money for there high price advisors and for those willing to play there games.
If it stay this way my son no matter how good he can be will never be selected to the National team or even have a chance at the Olympics if the sport is still there because I will not bow to there all and mighty rules of Kissing butt!!!!!
Terry

K

kwang gae

So is this official, is the USAT leaving AAU? I've been trying to get more information, but nothing is posted on either org's website (at least that I could find).:idunno:

Anybody have a link to more info on this breakup? Thanks!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kwang gae said:
So is this official, is the USAT leaving AAU? I've been trying to get more information, but nothing is posted on either org's website (at least that I could find).:idunno:

Anybody have a link to more info on this breakup? Thanks!

Yea here is Lady tkd website http://www.ladytkd.org/postnuke/ they have some info.
Terry

Latest Discussions