A Short Clip On Bunkai

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know, there are quite a few out there. I saw this on FB today, and thought I'd post it here.

[yt]c0g6KO2-VSE[/yt]

I don't delve into kata as much as some do, however, I do think that it's important to have an understanding of what the moves are. I am fortunate now, that I have a teacher that does explain the moves, however, many that I've trained with in the past, had no clue.

So yes, there are moves, that if applied correctly, can be applied to SD.

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MJS

Thanks for posting the video. I went to see Iain in Kansas City for a three day seminar last October. He is awesome. Great presenter, great material, good pacing of the seminar etc. etc. For anyone out there who enjoys applications of techniques that are found in kata, if you get the chance I highly recommend Iain Abernethy.

Over the past few years I have gotten more serious about studying kata applications and Iain has really been a source of inspiration. It's kind of hard having to backward engineer in a sense applications for my TKD forms, but there is enough similarity that for the most part it can be done. What was great about the video clip you showed was that I can apply it to the Modern Arnis Anyos as well.

Latest Discussions